Need some advice regarding shoes

Mae Frenzy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all.

I need some advice. recently. certain shoes that I own, have started to look wrong within second life.. Below is what I see.

I have been told that the shoes look fine to other people.. which i means i think i might have done somthing wrong on my side of the viewer./.

Has anyone ever seen this before? i have tired clearing cache? reinstall of viewer..  but im afraid i dont know alot of the technical stuff that goes with it. 

Any ideas all? and may thanks

They look "fine" to anyone with an older viewer.  That wont last too much longer anyway.

The short version is you have shoes with built in invisiprims.  Those prims used a program glitch to hide the body before we had alpha layers. Later the glitch was fixed so that the prims themselves were not drawn.  The most recent version viewers have removed that glitch completely showing the ugly prims that have been hidden all this time.

If the shoes are modifiable, either delete the blocky old prims or apply a 100 transparency to the texture.

Invisiprims are broken on the latest LL viewer release, see BUG-11562 - SL Viewer 4.0.2 Renders Invisiprims as Grey or Black.

That bug is fixed on the new Maintenance-RC, which you can download here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/4.0.4.313759

BUT you need to be aware that anyone on any viewer will not see your invisiprims working if they have Advanced Lighting model enabled in their viewer - so they are likely to see your feet/legs sticking out of the shoes/boots.

If the shoes are mod, best thing you can do is unlink the invisiprims and delete them and replace them with alpha layers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.