Looking for a suitable mesh skin to replace a standard skin - FRECKLES

Roxi Sinister

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I have been around forever, but after a hiatus I come back to mesh everything-under-the-sun.  I have to admit, the mesh bodies/skins look AMAZING compared to the standard avies.  So, long story short, I have gone out and bought (at great expense and a lot of trial and error) several mesh bodies and heads and makeups and skins, and oh-my-God there is so much....it's really overwhelming.  I ended up with the Mairtreya - Lara body and Lelutka - STELLA head.

The problem I am having is...I had a look I really loved with my standard avie.  I would like to have that same (or close) look on my mesh avie!  Clothing was simple.  There is so much clothing out there, and with alphas I can make nearly anything fit perfectly and look fabulous.  Skins, however, seem to be a lot more difficult to find.  Yes, I've been to Skin Fair 2016, to every single store, and took all landmarks and went to every single one of those.  Either there is something I simply do not understand, or what I want is either not there, or hiding under a rock.

The skin I used before, which I absolutely loved so much, was called "::Sn@tch Velvet Skin Dramatic Noir (FR)::" and it was just the most adorable thing in the world.  I cannot figure out how to replicate it, however, using mesh skins.  Yes, of course I have been to the Sn@tch Mainstore.  They don't seem to make skins anymore, and what little they offer in terms of makeup is Omega, which I don't believe I can use.

So, now finally to my question.  Are there any skins with freckles.  I see lots of them, but I cannot seem to figure out how to use them.  I have managed to find some tattoos which are suitable (for now), but the freckles elude me.  I would even be willing to pay for a completely custom skin, if somebody were willing to make a replica of my original.

Below is a photo of how she looked with a standard avie.

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/3748/yZDUjT.png

Here is what I have been able to replicate so far with mesh (clothing is different by choice).

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/148/vRki9A.jpg

Any suggestions?

Roxi Sinister wrote:

So, I have been around forever, but after a hiatus I come back to mesh everything-under-the-sun.  I have to admit, the mesh bodies/skins look AMAZING compared to the standard avies.  So, long story short, I have gone out and bought (at great expense and a lot of trial and error) several mesh bodies and heads and makeups and skins, and oh-my-God there is so much....it's really overwhelming.  I ended up with the Mairtreya - Lara body and Lelutka - STELLA head.

The problem I am having is...I had a look I really loved with my standard avie.  I would like to have that same (or close) look on my mesh avie!  Clothing was simple.  There is so much clothing out there, and with alphas I can make nearly anything fit perfectly and look fabulous.  Skins, however, seem to be a lot more difficult to find.  Yes, I've been to Skin Fair 2016, to every single store, and took all landmarks and went to every single one of those.  Either there is something I simply do not understand, or what I want is either not there, or hiding under a rock.

The skin I used before, which I absolutely loved so much, was called "::Sn@tch Velvet Skin Dramatic Noir (FR)::" and it was just the most adorable thing in the world.  I cannot figure out how to replicate it, however, using mesh skins.  Yes, of course I have been to the Sn@tch Mainstore.  They don't seem to make skins anymore, and what little they offer in terms of makeup is Omega, which I don't believe I can use.

So, now finally to my question.  Are there any skins with freckles.  I see lots of them, but I cannot seem to figure out how to use them.  I have managed to find some tattoos which are suitable (for now), but the freckles elude me.  I would even be willing to pay for a completely custom skin, if somebody were willing to make a replica of my original.

Below is a photo of how she looked with a standard avie.

Here is what I have been able to replicate so far with mesh (clothing is different by choice).

Any suggestions?

Other stores to look at for freckled skins are Pink Fuel, Curio and Mynerva.

One thing you can try is using your standard skin on your head and the skin applier from another skin on your mesh body. The only trick is the joint line at your neck. Many mesh bodies can be tinted to improve the skin match, and the choker you wear would help to camouflage the joint line too. If you do this you'll find you can probably do things much less expensively too because body appliers usually cost less than the full skin.

I have your same body and head :D.

I suggest trying Lumae skins (currently at Skin Fair with a new major release). These are packed full of appliers and typically have freckeles for both head and body as a choice. The black lipstick will likely need to be a makeup applier. Lots of folks make those.

When looking at skin appliers I suggest that you pay particual attention to the bodies. Some skin designers make good head and the hands are completely awful for example. AND it is very difficult to get a smooth skin look tinting the Maitreya body unless you are using the standard Lelutka head (which I did for a long while).

Good luck.

You say you been to the Skin Fair, I am just checking that you didn't miss the !Imabee skins that has a great freckled face and the skins are all on the lighter set of tones. Not like those whose fair option is really more medium tan.

!Imabee has both Maitreya body appliers and Lelutka head appliers, I haven't seen a closeup of the body but I'm sure they have freckles versions too. The best with base skin with freckles is that you can use the tattoo layer for tattoos and not use it up on freckles. Skin creators who sell appliers really should include this. Or sell the freckled version as an alternative.

League has a lips set for Lelutka on the skin fair, including nice black lipstick. They have the Luna skin in their mainstore, and the ad say it has freckles. League has just great detail in faces and bodies. League skins tend to be best in medium and tanned, but Luna has what looks like pale options too.

PS I was not looking for female skins on the skin fair, but an update for my male avatars. But I heard others post that there was skin stores who sold appliers, but had only demos for standard skin. That is really not nice to the customers, mesh heads are sculpted so different from the standard head. 

I can just second other options of Pink Fuel. Pink Fuel has a pouty lipstick set with several black shades, matte, satin, gloss, even one more that is sparkly. Their Vera skin applier is very sexy, but you have to see if they have freckles, you can always try another set of freckles over it. The Pink Fuel bodies is also totally great, comes in many packs from ripped to soft belly with lots of cleavage options no matte what your taste in fitness is.

Lumae, well it is a bit handdrawn for me, but maybe just right for others. They have a huge amount of skins and fits almost every head and body out there, even male appliers.

PPS: I don't post more on Flickr but I follow Babydoll who post lots of closeups on almost every meash head, and so many skins. Could be that you find a skin you like there. She photoshops some, but it is mostly hairstrands that she adds on to sl hair. The faces is mostly untouched, just shot is very bright windlight. https://www.flickr.com/photos/50446962@N04/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.