How do I make the IM window stay open longer?

Pat Perth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I open my friend's list, touch the little " i " icon next to a friend's name. A window opens with the friend's name and buttons to send IM and view profile. On my computer this box stays open less then a second. People tell me that on their computer the box stays open for at least four seconds. I guess some parameter in my Debug Settings has been set too short. Does anybody know which parameter controls how long this box stays open?

9 answers to this question

hmm...maybe I am looking in the wrong place, but it was right next to where my cursor was when it opened it & I hardly had to move it at all.

There is probably a debug setting to adjust the delay, the trick is to knowing what that little window is called. I don`t think it is part of the "ToolTips", which are those other messages that open in your inventory to say what things are, the settings for those are all under ToolTips in debug. I`ll see if I can find the name for that window. :)

Yes, that's the setting. I find at default 0.5 the window stays open about two seconds or so before disappearing quickly, certainly not four seconds. Increasing the fade time to about 4.0 seems fine and a smooth fade. It affects any window that opens using hovertips such as inspecting scripted objects if you click the circled i.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.