Sign in to follow this  
Pat Perth

How do I make the IM window stay open longer?

Question

9 answers to this question

That is true but the window is open for such a short time that it is difficult to move the cursor into it before it closes.

hmm...maybe I am looking in the wrong place, but it was right next to where my cursor was when it opened it & I hardly had to move it at all.

There is probably a debug setting to adjust the delay, the trick is to knowing what that little window is called. I don`t think it is part of the "ToolTips", which are those other messages that open in your inventory to say what things are, the settings for those are all under ToolTips in debug. I`ll see if I can find the name for that window. :)

Ooh might have found it :o

Try debug setting: InspectorFadeTime

I tried it on 4 and 10 and it has an interesting effect .... it fades away more slowly.

I don`t know how many other popups that will affect though :D

• Like 4

Yes, that's the setting. I find at default 0.5 the window stays open about two seconds or so before disappearing quickly, certainly not four seconds. Increasing the fade time to about 4.0 seems fine and a smooth fade. It affects any window that opens using hovertips such as inspecting scripted objects if you click the circled i.

YES! That parameter was set to 0.001 on my viewer. I think I was responding to one of Torley's videos for some reason, and it had unintended consequences. Thank you.

Has options for this not been added to the preferences window in viewer 2.5? I think I have seen something regarding how long a popup stays open, but I don't have access to the viewer atm so I can't check. It could be for something else...

- Luc -