Visitor Logger

vince888

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got the following: -

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>400 Bad Request</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Bad Request</h1>
<p>Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.<br />
The number of request header fields exceeds this server's limit.</p>
</body></html>

Just out of curiosity, why are you interested in using a visitor logger that relies on an external server?  There are much simpler systems. If all you're interested in is keeping a list of people who wander into your space, you can do that with a script that's maybe 25 lines long -- longer if you start adding bells and whistles to save only unduplicated entries and to autoclean the system when the list starts to get too long.  It's a good introductory scripting exercise too.

I can certainly understand the press of time.  You need to have something in place.  Visitor loggers come in many different flavors, depending on exactly what your needs are, though, so you might think about other options that are "off the shelf". For example, if you are really mostly interested in getting the number of visitors (and unique, one-time visitors), my own Greeter-Counter is also in that LSL library. It doesn't save the names of visitors, but it gives you accurate visitor stats and is easy to modify for other purposes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.