Items being removed for DMCA violations

DasEbilOne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Two days in a row now, I have logged in to my Merchant Home page to see that I have had items removed from my listings for violations, see my email or listings for more details.  Well, there are no emails, despite me double checking that they are enabled.  I have no idea what is even being removed as I have a couple hundred listings and I just don't keep track of all of them that closely.

Here's the thing... 99.9% of my items are breedables and gacha items.  There is nothing there that I am *claiming* to own.  All the gacha items are clearly labled as such in the description, listed in the Used category. Breedables in Breedables.   I tried speaking to Live Chat for any info they could give me and I was shut down saying only the IP team could talk to me.  I sent them an email and have heard nothing, of course.  Yet, the notice reappeared today, still no email to refer to, still mystified as to what exactly is going on.  I would try to fix whatever the issue is, if I wasn't just shooting in the dark with no idea what it *is*.

DasEbilOne wrote:

Two days in a row now, I have logged in to my Merchant Home page to see that I have had items removed from my listings for violations, see my email or listings for more details.  <snip>

Interesting. Just for grins I checked mine and found no messages and no listings removed. *whew* Although I only sell items I built myself, that doesn't prevent someone from claiming I've violated their copyright.

The way DMCA works is that the claimant provide evidence of the violation and point out where the items in violation can be found. The full details of how the DMCA process works can be found HERE. Information on filing a counter claim are found on that page, but you have to be notified of the original claim first. And that's where the messages to your email come into play.

File a Ticket with the Marketplace team and ask them to resend the details. You might offer to provide a mailing address for them to send a hardcopy as well. In the future you should immediately screencap the notice before it vanishes (on the next menu click or screen refresh). That's your only proof that something was taken down. You may also want to screencap your listings (Manage Listings page) for rapid comparison in the future.

With VMM the items originate in your personal Inventory. The typical behavior when removing something from your in-world inventory is to replace it with a dummy item given a name that indicates the action or case number and some small info about the removed item. If they removed it from your in-world inventory then you may be able to find the replaced item and glean more info there. If the item was copyable then they most likely would have removed it from all the places copies were found in your inventory too.

It's VERY possible you were not the party referenced in the original DMCA claim. Since you are reselling items created by others (by definition Gachas) then the actions taken against you could be an outgrowth of a DMCA filed against the person that made the item you were reselling. You'll know better once you find the items removed and track them back to where you acquired them. With luck, the transaction that resulted in the items landing in your Inventory are still in your L$ Transaction History.

Have you checked your spam/junk folders?

I know that Gmail allows me to see my transaction emails no problem but for some reason (back when LL was asking people for more ID for tax purposes) anything from support went straight into my junk folder. 

Hope you resolve your problem soon! Best of luck.

DasEbilOne wrote:

Two days in a row now, I have logged in to my Merchant Home page to see that I have had items removed from my listings for violations, see my email or listings for more details.  Well, there are no emails, despite me double checking that they are enabled.  I have no idea what is even being removed as I have a couple hundred listings and I just don't keep track of all of them that closely.

Here's the thing... 99.9% of my items are breedables and gacha items.  There is nothing there that I am *claiming* to own.  All the gacha items are clearly labled as such in the description, listed in the Used category. Breedables in Breedables.   I tried speaking to Live Chat for any info they could give me and I was shut down saying only the IP team could talk to me.  I sent them an email and have heard nothing, of course.  Yet, the notice reappeared today, still no email to refer to, still mystified as to what exactly is going on.  I would try to fix whatever the issue is, if I wasn't just shooting in the dark with no idea what it *is*.

Nothing you have posted in any way says they were removed for a DMCA violation. What makes you think they were pulled for that reason?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.