A Forum Feature Request

Darrius Gothly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As we're all aware, there is an individual that insists on spamming the forum boards with his "eclectic" personal vendetta. While I realize y'all are working hard to cut him off, it does bring an idea to mind that would help in other ways too. To help frame this request, here is a copy of the Topics List showing the latest "contribution":

wastedspam.png

Higher up on this page we have an option to mark all posts as "Read", but I have not read them all, yet I wish to remove this particular one from my sight (and off the page if possible). So here's the suggestion(s):

1. Offer a hover-option to "Mark as Read" for a particular topic. This should remove the "New" marker but NOT increase the "View Count" (as I really do not feel like stroking this guy's ego)/
  2. Offer a "Sink to Bottom" hover option to permanently move this topic to the very end of the sorted Topics List. Since Lithium keeps a lot of topics in the list and you can only list (I think) 50 per page, this would permanently move it out of the way. (I realize the sort order is a Global attribute and not personal, but there ought to be some way to accomplish this.)
  3. Offer a RIC hover option from the Topics List page. We really don't need to open and look at this to know what it says, do we? (And doing so just feeds his ego more by giving him more and more views.)
Thanks for listening. I hope you are able to provide some mechanism to help us manage this type of garbage better .. at least on our own screens.

(fricken fracken BUTTONS!) LOL

Wildcat Furse wrote:

due to the inability of Lindenlabs to solve this problem permanently, a solution could be to offer the spammer a job @lindenlabs, any job proposals???? *meows*

I hear the position of "Customer Sacrificial Lamb" ... errr ... "Customer Service Manager" is open.

honestly, after looking at it..... it's more than I can deal with parsing right now.... too many options, too much clutter and backwardsness, and not enough time for me to work on it right now

I did put in official support for a built in feature on the lithium boards here, and I suppose a little community support to make the point couldn't hurt >=)

if I get some real time to throw at it I might, but I'll be honest... it's not even on my radar right now (I was half hoping Cerise might tackle it =X)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.