The kitchen of my house is inexplicably shiny

examining

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I turn off all the light sources not only in the kitchen but in all the house, turn the sun in midnight position and still the kitchen shines.

Tried to fiddle a little the viewers preferences yet this should happen to the other rooms not only in the kitchen.

It is true that the bedroom too shines but less.

I can tell that the living room, the hall, the bathroom and most of all the serra achieve to darken reasonably when I do all the above.

I'd appreciate any advise.

Tks

P.S. (After yr answers that is.  Obviously.) I have been postponing to ask this since I first rezzed the house that is last november approx.  It's not a problem but it is strange. Now I looked in the houses walls object/edit/texture, glow is zero.  If it wasn't this should affect the whole house and not just the kitchen.  When talking about kitchen it's the room, the walls not the appliances.

As per the local lights, given that I have very little sl knowledge as proven, could not find where to uncheck.  Instead I managed that some rooms of the house, more specifically some walls and roofs became trully extremelly shining.  I unrezzed the house and re-rezzed it this fixed that one.  I am watching the avatars eating on the kitchen table.  The slightly shining kitchen I must add now that I saw the (blinding) light...

3 answers to this question

If my RL kitchen ever ends up being shiny, I've no doubt it'll be inexplicable.

Pixieplumb's "full bright" theory is a good one. It's also possible that something in your kitchen is a local light source. You can disable local lights in Graphics->Advanced. If that darkens the kitchen, you'll have to search out the light source and, if possible, disable or remove it. It sounds like you may have tried that. If so, then "full bright" is your answer.

• Like 1

Is there a bald guy with big biceps and a sparkling white T shirt anywhere around?  Or cute little blue and white scrub brushes with googly eyes swirling around in your sink?

(I couldn't help myself.  Your post title sounds like a 1960's kitchen cleanser commercial!)

EDIT:

In response to your PS.  Not "glow", that is a different thing.  Check to see if the box "Full Bright" is checked in the texture tab of one of the shiny kitchen prims.  Full Bright basically causes the texture to look like it's being hit by full on noonday sun, no matter the actual time of day.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.