My mobil sl app (iPhone) says "no server url entered". What do I do?

MollyAmour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi guys, im new to Sl and this may be a easy question, but i need some help! I downloaded the mobil app or iphonee "Second life notifier". When i open the app, it says "No server URL entered", and it is not able to pull up any of my account info. What do i do? were can i find this server Url?

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

That's actually not an easy question, because I don't know which "app" you are talking about.  When you want to log in to SL, you need a viewer.  The only ones that work on mobile devices are the ones listed as "Subset Viewers" in the Third Party Viewer Directory.  None of those is properly an "app" and none is advertized as a "Second Life notifier".  Hence my confusion.  In point of fact, the only one of those viewers that is designed for iPhone and iPad clients is the Pocket Metaverse viewer, which I believe is now out of date and possibly unavailable (although I'm not sure about that last bit).  Everything else is meant for an Android client.

• Like 1

Hi Molly,

I looked in the app store...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sl-notifier/id946715794

...and that thing gets lousy reviews.

The description says that you can contact the app developer here...

http://www.nemesys-soft.com

They have an e-mail contact link at the bottom of the page.

Write 'em a letter!

• Like 1

Thursday November 30 2017, 1:49 PM

Hi All,

The 'SL Notifier' referred to above is a BRAND NEW app in the IPhone App Store. The 'pocket metaverse' app is long since DEAD. This new app ASKS YOU to enter the info about a 'server URL' but gives no info as to WHAT that is?

Linda Latte (aka River Song)

Stay here on Earth. It's the only planet with DARK CHOCOLATE !!

Edited by Linda Latte

17 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Take a look at the date.  Maddy's note about that BRAND NEW app was posted almost two years ago .....

Thursday November 30 2017, 2:14 PM

I'm referring to MollyAmour's post, and Yes it is dated way back, which is weird. I just recently found this 'SL Notifier' and have the same problem about the 'Server URL.' I would have thought, if that date is correct, that in all that time an answer to her question would have been posted. This is weird. :)  Oh well...

It seemed, since an answer was never posted to her question, that there was a problem with the dates. So weird, geez. :)

Edited by Linda Latte

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Heh..  No, once a thread like this has passed out of view, it's essentially dead until someone decides to bring it back from the grave.  xD

Thursday November 30 2017, 2:25 PM

Thank you kindly, Rolig. :)  I guess that has to be the answer. But, if that 'SL Notifier' app has been in the App Store for many months you would think the question posed would have been answered long ago? That is why I thought there was a problem with the posting date. At the very least, you would think the vendor of the app would have long since answered the URL question her or himself long ago? Poopers. ":0

Oh, its now a bit later, 3:43 PM, than my remarks above. Guess what I found out? The 'SL Notifier' that first came out many months ago, and talked about here in 2016, was only for MAC Users, NOT the Apple IPhone OS that existed back then. The vendor, nemesys-soft.com, just recently announced the MAC app has not been ported to the IPhone and is now available for IPhone iOS 11 which is a very recent 2017 Apple IPhone up-date. THIS is the IPhone I have and my problem is with this NEW 'SL Notifer,' and not the OLD one for MACS. Molly, back then, must have tried to use the MAC app on an IPhone? This is the only thing that makes sense? So, weirdness upon weirdness, huh? :)

Edited by Linda Latte
New information

Amendment I found the answer if you go in the App Store on your iPhone and read more it states you can purchase the optional Server for 500L and it only works on land you own. It may or may not work on rented land depending on permissions and the messaging also only works on that land. So question answered.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.