What kind of HUD is this?

Seamage108

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im still relatively new to SL, but what is the name of those things that people use to send others flying int othe air? Like, one i saw was a giant cloud of smoke and it just picks you up and lifts you high into the air, another I saw was a bunch of flying skulls that did the same.

I like it. I want one. Anyone know what they are called? Recommendations welcome.

Who are you trying to fool here?

You make it sound as if those "combat" HUDs (seriously, which combat system is based on b.s. like this?) would be regular tools on quite many sims. This is, apperently, not the case. Every sim (often even combat sims) will see behavior like this as griefing.

And even if you really think those are made for any type of combat: Using it on people who haven't agreed to it is griefing, no matter what original purpose the HUD had.

If you know of sims where people use them, and it is an allowed practice on that sim, it would be best to approach other members of that specific community...sometimes RP sims have their own commercial areas, or check if they maybe have a group or blog that may help you find likeminded users that can help. 

Definitely not something you want to just do to people, but if in an agreed upon use such as you mentioned, then have fun :) 

I should think that any proper combat sim should have some kind of information kiosk or vendor at the entrance point where you can obtain whichever tools or HUDs are required for use within the sim. (Well, unless it's a "closed" environment where they aren't accepting new players, or only accepting them by direct invitation, perhaps.)

When someone just pops into the forums here and randomly asks "where can I find one of those cool toys that lets you throw other people into the air", most are going to immediately assume that they're asking about an "orbiter", or some other griefing-tool toy that would let them run around SL throwing people into the air at random.  Unfortunately, that sort of thing is far more common than combat sims. :(

If it is a combat-sim-specific HUD or weapon you're looking for, and the sim in question hasn't got an obvious information kiosk at the entrance point, then Sasy's advice is sound; you'll most likely need to ask the participants in that particular sim as to which tool(s) are being used and where to get them.  There is, unfortunately, no "universal" kit that works (or is allowed) on every such sim; different sims use different systems.

• 1 year later...

Combat sims usually have either info givers or vendors or freebies for combat meter huds near the out of character landing point.

The sims where the 'magical combat roleplay' *cough* huds get used, do not, and regulars of such places wont tell you what hud they use because... if you knew what they used you could b e as 'leet' as them, or 'block' their spells, or 'pierce' their shields.

One of the more famous brands of such huds is 'magic emerald', their 'not-griefing-huds are expensive and carry a disclaimer satating they are not griefing huds, and thsat if you get banned by LL for griefing with them, magic emerald MIGHT choose to discontin ue your free upgrades...

Search the Marketplace for them, but be warned, most places in SL will ban you for using one, and the places that encouragew their use tend to attract the worst scumbags on the Grid.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.