You can't drop mesh attachments. Detach to inventory and rez in world. What do I do?

KellysKM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I try to open for ex.(" Dirty Princess" Raunchy Princess Outfit w/shoes) in the right hand corner of my screen I get the message "You can't drop mesh attachments.  Detach to inventory and rez in world.  I am quite new to SL and I really have no idea what this means.  Also at the risk of asking to many questions at one time I also get another message totally unrelated something like "not enough space to many prims".  Please don't quote me on that but I'm sure someone out there knows what I mean.  I don't know what to do then either.  How do I get more space or more prims?       This all occurs while I'm in my home.  I am a resident.

2 answers to this question

Hi, Kelly.  Welcome to SL.

That first message means exactly what it says.  If you are wearing a mesh object, you cannot use the "drop" option on your menu.  If you really want to put the object on the ground (or floor... whatever), you will need to detach it to your inventory first.  You can do that either by right clicking on the object and selecting "Detach" or by finding the object in your inventory, right clicking it there, and selecting "Detach".  Once you have done that, you can drag the object from inventory to the ground with your mouse to rez it.

The second message tells you that you can't rez whatever you are trying to rez because its land impact (L.I.) is so high that it would exceed the land impact allowance where you are.  That's not too surprising, especially if you are trying to rez an article of mesh clothing on the floor.  Much of the mesh clothing in SL has a horribly high land impact.  We get away with it because land impact doesn't apply to objects while you are wearing them.  As soon as you try to rez them on the ground, though, you'll get that message unless you are in an area with a HUGE L.I. allowance.  So, you have a couple of choices,  First, ask yourself why you are trying to rez whatever it is.  If you really need to, search for a nice empty sandbox (use Search) to do it in.  If not, well .....

The only way to increase the L.I. allowance on your parcel is to buy more land.  If you are in a Linden Home, that's not an option.  All Linden Homes are on 512 sq m parcels wih the same 117 prim (L.I.) allowance. You'll need to abandon that home, buy a larger parcel of land somewhere, and put a home on it, if you wish.  That seems like a rather extreme decision if you simply want to rez an occasional high-L.I. item.

• Like 1

KellysKM wrote:

When I try to open for ex.(" Dirty Princess" Raunchy Princess Outfit w/shoes) in the right hand corner of my screen

for the prim question Rolligs answer is totally right. But what you tell about the right hand corner.... that sounds to me like you added boxed items as hud. If you did that, detach, and rezz it on the floor to unpack.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.