Issue with my avatar's neck seam (questions regarding that).

AngelicDescent

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, hope you all had a nice holiday. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

I have some questions regarding neck seams. Last month I bought the Slink Physique body to go with my Deetalez skin. I'm pleased with both. However, something that's itching me is the neck seam. I know I need a fader, which is difficult to do if you don't have the right RBG setup and a pain if its not created by the same designer. I reached out to both Slink and Deetalez customer support, which both were very polite in helping out. Slink gave me some neck faders, but that had an issue with it as well, which is... when my character is aimed in the direction of the sun, the fader will light up as if the sun is reflecting off of it. Otherwise, everything is fine around the prim (doesn't show the sun's reflection when not focused in said direction).

Both said I should mess with my WindLight settings, too. At first, I wasn't sure what that was until I read up on it. To my understanding, there's different templates floating around and so messing with the actual settings in-game from what I read on a website, I was able to hide it somewhat. That didn't fix the issue at hand all-around: hiding the neck seam. I have the "free" MeshProject body, too, which comes with neck faders for that body (using this as an example). The neck seam is hidden quite well, and I'm using my Deetalez head with that (the skin color is different, but matches the head). What should I do, or can anyone point out a good Windlight template? Maybe suggest other stuff if you have the Slink body and have ran into this problem before? As I said, I'm happy with my product and I'll be back to purchase more stuff, but its the neck seam that's poking me.

Thanks. ^.^

2 answers to this question

the Q & A isn't for solving problems or issues with this objects. you should be with the creator or usergroups. There are so many different bodies around that it's not possible to know solutions for all.

We'r just residents as you.

Seams will mostly be visible, different parts will reflect light on their own way and be visible. Nothign to do against that than use a good windlightsetting.

There is no other solution. or... don't wear it.

• Like 2

I absolutely HATE fader prims, and avoid them if at all possible.  One problem is that no matter how you arrange things, they are always visible if you look closely.  Either the fit or the color is off.  Color matching prims to avatar skin is nearly impossible, because light affects them differently.

You can get away without fader prims.  Do two things.  

1.  Get a skin applier for your mesh body part(s) from your skin creator.  This will give you the best color match possible.

2.  Use a shape with settings designed to match your mesh body part.  For example, I found that I could fit my SLink mesh hands to my wrists exactly (and my SLink feet to my ankles) if I used a Medium Standard Mesh body shape.  See the instructions that came with your mesh body or other parts, they usually include advice on shape, or even exact Appearance slider settings, to ensure a perfect fit.

You may still see a very faint difference in color at the joint, in certain lights.  If it bugs you a lot, wear a necklace to hide it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.