Water intersection mesh problem

Naiman Broome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello , I have a problem with some meshes , the meshes are like 32x32x3 m and they intrude partially in water and partially outside, then I have other meshes that are completely underwater and intersected with the undeerwater part of the first mesh ...

What is happening is that at certain angles of the camera, one of the two meshes disappear, but only the underwater part, this means that the first mesh half in water and half outside gets not rendered only for the underwater part , while the outer one stays rendered, this happens only at certain angles and the meshes look like blinking in and out ... whats going on ? I can't seem to be able to understand the reasons of this .

there are no alpha or transparent textures involved .

In this image you can see on right the mesh normally showing throught water, and onleft , moving the camera higher a bit the underwater part diappears, the mesh as said is 32x32x3

I am experiencing the same and have been for over 6 months. Zooming in and out makes the object part that is underwater dissapear and reappear. I have this with objects that are partly submerged as well as fully submerged objects. I use the latest firestorm viewer and haven't tested it with the official viewer.

Naiman Broome wrote:

no because are still showed ... apart that I noticed the problem to disappear if I uncheck the object object occlusion in developers rendering menu , but I have to relog then ...

What can t be ? Looks like a bug to me .

Yep, it's a bug & you already nailed the cause.

See BUG-5144 - Underwater objects are invisible at certain camera angles unless object-object occlusion is disabled.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.