what causes a login failure when SL is trying to load my friends list.

shannonbabe69

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi Shannon,

This has been happening to lots of people. I thought Linden Lab would have worked out the problem by now, but they haven't.

File a support case here...
https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Select "Account Issue" from the first drop-down and "Second Life Viewer Login Issues" from the second. Fill in the required information and type "Login failed. Updating friends list." in the "What is the error message" box.

Then click "Submit" and hope for the best!

• Like 1

I am also experiencing the same problem. I sent a support case to get the response

'After reviewing your account i can detect no holds or issues with Second Life that would prevent you from logging in'. 

This response is worrying as i have seen multiple people complain about this same issue and i do not believe it is a fault from my end as I and many others can log onto thier alt accounts.

I have reopened the support case hoping LL will recongize this error as I have spent a lot of time and funds into my account and i would deem it very unfair if i was unable to carry on using it.

For anyone else that sent support tickets did LL say the same thing or reply with with any kind of solution ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.