Kemono avatar aggre in Adult sims?

Jlucu4ko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

First of all: No avatar is specifically banned from any sim by default.

But people who own land have the power to chose who can stay on their land and who can't. They have unlimited power in that area and could kick everyone they want for no reason at all.

That very chaotic behavior aside, most landowners chose from more or less the same set of rules. The Kemono avatar might be influenced by two of the most common ones:

1. No Furries/No non-human avatars

- This is not bound to a maturity rating, but to types of places. You will encounter it in many roleplay sims or in places that aim for a "realistic" feeling, even if they don't have a roleplay setting. This shouldn't stop you, of course. There are still quite many places that are absolutly fine with furries.

2. No childavatars/underage avatars

- Now this is something I know from other peoples experiance. Some Kemono users have a very very young looking avatar, especially many who mod it into an anime avatar. Depending on the individual this might lead to some people mistaking your avatar for a minor and ejecting you out of adult sims, because they obviously don't want child avatars in a sexual themed place. Or other guests might feel uncomfortable around you, because they think you look too young.
However this isn't guranteed to happen at all.
Also many furry adult clubs might be way more aware of the Kemono avatar and relaxed about it.

• Like 7

As others have said, landowners can ban you for any reason or none.

You will probably be aware that owners of Adult regions are generally very cautious about allowing child avatars on the region, since LL don't permit child avatars to be near adult content, and the landowner can get into trouble for not enforcing this.

Non-human avatars are always a bit of a problem but, on basis of the image in that Marketplace page, the avatar seems to be based on a girl in her early teens.   I'm involved in running an estate comprising several popular Adult Content destinations and I know our security people spend a lot of time discussing how to react to such non-human avatars.

Off the top of my head, I suspect if you visited one of our regions in that avatar, you'd probably be asked, politely, either to leave or to change into another avatar, since that one looks too closely modelled on an underage girl for us to be comfortable with you wearing it on our estate.   We wouldn't ban you over it, though, unless you refused to comply.    We don't respond well to arguments about how old an avatar is in cat years or similar nonsense.

Other places, though, might well have a different policy.    Don't be worried about visiting places.   Just be aware that if you're asked to leave or to change the avatar,  then you shouldn't argue about it.

• Like 2

Some People See Kemono Avatars as Underage.

I do not see how one can tell a Avatars RP age based on a Look of the avatar Unless they are specifically Kid Avatars.

Kemono, and Anime Avatars always skirt the Looking Young but older looking Avatar.

My Sim I would not ban a person just because of the Kemono Avatar. 

We have many people use the Avatar and others.

Heck one of those Big Werewolf AV's may be a Child I don't know.

I use the kemono all the time but I modded mine to look like an adult rather then a child. its really up to the sim owners if they will give you a pass to be on the sim. sometimes just talking with the owner and making your avi look more mature then child like helps. Thats how I was able to join a RP sim since they banned kemonos but since I look like an adult they gave me a pass to be there and the owner of the sim is super nice. Just never fight the owner if they ask you to change. They set the rules and its up to us if we want to obey and stay or disagree and leave. Throwing a hissy fit is never the correct thing to do or to handle the situation. Just always be mature about it and respect sim rules that are set. There are plenty of sims to choose from so not a huge lose if you can't go to 1. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.