Advice is needed for the second time

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

chloecampbell12 wrote:

Hey guys Sorry for putting up another post about this But i am just wondeirng will 2gb of ram Run okay I am postive i have enough memory 1 terabyte
:)

I am just soooooooooo worried it won't work and this years christmas will be a huge blow!

2GB RAM?

That immediately suggests a low spec PC. 

Back in 2008 I ran SL on a 1GB laptop and the problem is that the viewer can happily consume over a gigabyte, nearer 1.5.  After being logged in for a while, memory fills and then the PC starts swapping memory to disk and this is when things will get very slow.

I've run SL on a 1GB Windows tablet... it worked is an accurate description but I didn't stay logged in for very long but the main issue you may have is a low spec graphics chip for that PC.  Without details, can't say but that will likely hit you more than the memory - initially.

There is a setting in the viewer called MaxHeap which is supposed to limit the memory that the viewer consumes, sometimes it works but overall, don't set your expectations high at all.

As Darrius suggests, just install the viewer and find out but if this has been purchased as a present, there may be disappointment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.