Returned objects/build

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Last year I had one of my builds returned to me. It was a decent sized build(I don't remember how many prim it was) and it has wound up in my lost and found with a few other items. I was curious about a few things. I know I could pop it into last position, but where I am at I can't do that because of neighbors airspace, was wondering if I could just pop it off in a new area and if it would line up sort of how it was?

My other question is, do you think it will ever be possible for a way to find out how many prims something is on the properties tab when looking at something or would that just overload things in programming?

Vladamir Bearsfoot wrote:

My other question is, do you think it will ever be possible for a way to find out how many prims something is on the properties tab when looking at something or would that just overload things in programming?

I'm guessing the "properties tab" you have in mind is in Inventory, without the object being rezzed in-world. Without rezzing the object, it's essentially unknowable what its Land Impact will be, so the only way this would work is if behind the scenes the Properties query rezzed the object somewhere and reported what it found. As you may already appreciate, rezzing an object can be a very compute-intensive thing for a sim to do, so long story short: Ain't gonna happen. Just take the thing to a sandbox and see what's inside.

One caveat: if the coalesced object happens to include any Linden plants, you'll need to find a very special sandbox with land permissions allowing you to rez Linden plants.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.