I was going through my inventory and saw an object that said GoonSquad Party box. What is this?

gabbyjaws

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was going through my inventory and noticed an object named GoonSquad Party box. Like a dummy I opened it and it put different items in my inventory. I immediately deleted all items and emptied my trash. Did another search, had someone check my avatar and I DO not  use any RLV items. My question is what is this? and how do I be sure that it really is gone. I was at a sim trying on demo hair and it appeared to be being griefed so I logged out could someone have put this in my inventory without my knowledge? I never accept items from anyone I do not know

3 answers to this question

Well you clearly accepted this object from somebody, so if your last line is correct one of your friends sreads things from goonsquad.

If you deleted everything not much can happen anymore. Normally all possible threats are gone than.

I never heared about demo hair that is grieved, most likely a little rezz problem and your conncted it to the previous things, but really doubt that.

GoonSquad is a fairly nasty griefer item.  However, nothing that is simply in your inventory can do anything bad.  You have to wear or rez the item.  It's good you deleted the stuff from your inventory, but check all of your worn items to make sure that something is not attached to you.  Any prim attachment (including hair, though I don't think the demo hair you tried on is the culprit) can contain a script to cause particle, rezzing, and other griefing effects.

• Like 1

I think, though I've never investigated it thoroughly, that items you're offered while you are offline are accepted by default.   That is, when you next log in, the item is there in the "Recent" section of your inventory, and it's up to you to delete it, either by clicking "Reject" on the notification when (if) you see it or deleting the item manually.

Certainly when I receive an offline notification that someone's offered me an object, when I log in I've never had to look for the notification and click accept -- I've always gone straight to my inventory and dealt with it there.

I suspect, therefore, that you were offered the GoonSquad item while you were offline.  That's the simplest explanation, and similar things have happened to me in the past.  

As Lindal says, there's no real cause for concern -- the object did no harm simply by placing items in your inventory, and you and your neighbours are fortunate that's all it did.    

It's rezzing suspect items you need to be worried about, not having them in your inventory where they can do no harm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.