Best Yaht?

Benson Gravois

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Any tips on the best Yaht on the market? The kind also you can "live" in. Also, do yachts work the same as other vehicles in that if you Rez your Yaht at a Rez spot, and go out into the sea, can you "stand" from the steering wheel and walk around inside your Yaht or as soon as you select "stand" does it vanish?

I would say for a "liveable" boat with sails you have two options and which is best depends on what you want.

A) If your idea of liveable is to be able to sit at the seats inside and out, lounge about with friends, use other poses like showering cooking etc with friends then you best choice is the MLCC Oceanic,

B) If you want to do all of that and have cuddles and ... well bump pixels then the Bandit 55 or 60,

There other contenders but none are as user friendly for someone new to yachting, or they don't have the option of sailing... which if that is what you want then I would answer differently.

As to your second question yachts like any other vehicle will be returned in areas with autoreturn after a short period of time after you get up where that is enabled... which you will find to be the case in most places. - Really no big deal since why would you stand up anyway unless it was to disembark or get on another boat?

Benson Gravois wrote:

Well if you want to stop driving and walk down to the kitchen to sit down say, it would suck if the boat disappeared every time you did that.

It would suck even more if every time you came back to your parcel your found people had left their boats and stuff scattered around and had to return their stuff.

There is a good reason for why people and the lindens use autoreturn.

Boats that are "liveable" and vehicles get around that by including a pose menu that allow you to go from the helm to other poses around the boat without standing and walking around.

• 2 weeks later...

bebejee wrote:

Its Oceanic thats the elegant classy looking one, Loonetta looks dumpy but cute.

Yes thats the Oceanic-classy.  I have the Loonetta. It only looks 'dumpy' next to the sleek Oceanic and I like it anyway cause I wanted a boat I could decorate and name. Still need to find time to learn sail her. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.