what would cause a visa debit card to not go through when purchasing lindens?

julieblpn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

You cannot use prepaid cards (including gift cards and many/most debit cards) for Second Life, even if they are issued by Visa, Mastercard, or another major chain.  Until mid-summer 2015, when Linden Lab changed its credit processor, many people were still able to use unsupported cards, but that is now almost entirely impossible.  Here are your options:

You may use the following payment methods with Second Life:

• Visa
  • American Express
  • MasterCard
  • Delta Online (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • JCB
  • Diners Club
  • Discover (U.S. Residents only)
  • Visa Electron (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • PayPal
  • Skrill

The currencies accepted for payment include:

• CAD, AUD, JPY, EUR, GBP for non-U.S. Residents, and
    • USD for U.S. Residents
KBnote.png Note: If you have had a payment method on file since before December 7, 2011, you may need to remove and re-add that payment method before making payments in non-USD currencies.

PayPal

For a complete list of currencies accepted by PayPal, visit their official website and view the page on multiple currencies. To use your PayPal balance when making transactions with Second Life, it must be in USD. You can convert your balance to USD at paypal.com (PayPal may impose exchange fees).

Skrill

Skrill offers a variety of payment options including Visa, Mastercard, and American Express, along with over 100 local payment options listed on their Payment Options page. For a complete list of currencies accepted by Skrill, visit their official website and view the page on Fees and Availability.

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem....it was fine yesterday, then all of a sudden this morning I get the message: There was a problem charging your payment method".  I use Paypal but when I got that message, I changed the method to my Visa credit card, and it still gave me the same message...I put in a support ticket just now.

you CAN use debit cards...but they have to hav the visa or mastercard logo AAND they have to be THROUGH YOUR BANK or SL will not have it---those cards act as credit cards even if they are not...but only the  ones withteh VISA or MASTER CARD logo

Or your billing address has changed or you added the wrong number and CVC code (the number on theback of the card) if you are missing any of these numbers then it will not go through....

YOU cannot have any prepaid credit card of any type!!

If you are stillhaving issues use the numbers the OTHER wonderful people suggested

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.