any one else?

TheG0t

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

All my alt accounts are a puff of smoke,never to rez.

Lag like I never seen it,(yes I checked my isp it's fine,no i am not on wireless) and 99% of my friends are saying their running into the same issue.

Sl eat a build I was working on and on top of it all none of attachments will come off unless I put something else in thier attach point.I love to say it is on my side but there no way with the new systems I have (which was working fine until Saturday night).

Any one else feeling the pain?

one solid week today will make of my alt being a puff of smoke, I use it a a model for product images and I hate to have to buy all those mesh bodies on this account.Pulling clothing  objects to the avatar has 0 effects of fixing it :(

TheG0t wrote:

all those mesh bodies

That's very likely the problem right there, but  there are so many variables here that it's impossible to make even a sensible guess as to what's actually wrong, to say nothing of what to do to fix it. So, let's reduce those variables.

1. Set your active group to None.
  2. Save your avatar as an Outfit (or be ready to rebuild it from scratch after testing -- which may be necessary anyway)
  3. Use the current released Linden viewer. (Yeah, TPVs are great and all, but let's not add uncertainty.)
  4. If it isn't already, get the Develop menu showing ( Me / Preferences / Advanced / Show Develop Menu ) then switch to a test avatar ( Develop / Avatar / Character Tests / Test (Fe-)Male )
  5. Remove *all* attachments. ( Right-click on avatar -> "Take Off" -> "Detach All" )
  6. Go to a quiet, empty sim with the least possible content. (I usually use a premium sandbox, but your alts may not have premium accounts, so... not sure where best to suggest. Some empty island somewhere.)
  7. Logout
  8. [Maybe skip this step once and see if it's necessary first, cuz it's kind of a pain.] Clear your cache and all settings manually by renaming all the folders where they're stored. (Where those places are depends on your operating system. There are plenty of instructions elsewhere about how to do this, and maybe you've already done it before, in which case do it again.)
  9. Login to that quiet empty sim.

Now, if the avatar still remains a cloud, there's a network problem. (It doesn't matter that your ISP is in every way wonderful. For SL, there's a network problem, and it will need more investigation.) If as I expect, however, the cloud quickly clears and the test avatar pops into view, then you can either try restoring your avatar all at once from the saved outfit, or do it a bit at a time until it breaks again. Same with all the viewer settings in the folders you renamed.

And if I may add some "Precare" instructions:

1. Don't exit the Viewer by turning off your computer. Always use a polite exit either with the Menu or Ctrl+Q.

2. Don't be in a rush and start clicking things left and right when the last thing didn't seem to work immediately. The Viewer is a "detached" program that needs to talk to the Servers to work. Sometimes that "talk" can take a few seconds, so let it.

3. When you log in, allow yourself to fully rez before you start switching clothes or teleporting all over. Let things complete before you start doing other things.

4. From time to time .. not often but occassionally .. clear your Viewer Cache and your Inventory Cache. Then when you log in next .. WAIT! Give everything time to reload cleanly.

5. SL Viewers in general are big programs. They need a lot of room to run. So if you have limited memory on your computer or some other speed/resource limitation .. load up the Viewer first after a reboot. That lets the Viewer establish its "space" and will help it run more stable.

To the OP: These are not aimed at you nor are they to insinuate you do them. They are just some things I've picked up over the years talking to others with problems on their computers. They are general guidelines, not any sort of "why you can't make it work" manifesto.

Best of luck recovering from the gaseous state. It can be very annoying .. but is also very solvable.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.