Hair Stuck Inside Avatar's Head

Rheaven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Quite a long time ago my SL wife somehow got hair stuck inside her head, we have tried everything we can to get it out but nothing works.

When she cams inside her head she can see it but she cant get edit mode to work on it so she can pull it out, she had gone into default female mode twice and when she puts on her body/shape etc the hair is still there. She cant click on it at all to pull it out.

Please does anyone know what we can do about it? Every time her head bends forwards it sticks out a little so we cant just leave it there.

1 - https://gyazo.com/44ac2ef3697804ef1698b872b2b92d60  This is what it looks like inside her head.

2 - https://gyazo.com/45909881d74289a701564b0ed9fbc1c8 This is what it looks like when she bends her head forwards.

Rheaven Resident

go in the edit mode for the avatar and set all sliders for the system hair to 0 ( zero)

apply a transparant texture on it.

Or wear a hair object as used with many shapes that hides the system hair completely.

Don't step in the trick to wear a alpha for it, when you are in front of a object people will see a transparant halo.

Hi Bobbie,

I have just had the same thing happen to me, I was trying on a mesh hat with hair and it didnt rez properly so I detached it and when I did I noticed hair like my wifes sticking out...I put the hat back on then took it off but its still there, as with my wife I cant click on it to edit it out. I am thinking its set up like a ghost of the hair from the mesh so when it the hat was detached it left a ghost of it behind...I am thinking now my wife must have done the same as me.

We cant detach them as they are not there technically, according to current outfit.

Thank you for the information though,

Rheaven

Hi Alwin,

As I told Bobby the same thing just happened to me as well, good timing I suppose, anyways both my wife and I tried what you said Alwin and found that it was easier to do it in Default Female & Default Male mode. (basic SL avatars...ughhhh..lol) and it worked well.

For me it was a mesh hair that had created the problem, we are not sure with my wife but it looked like it had something to do with her eyebrows, but either way we made them transparent so for all intents and purposes it worked.

I would really like to thank Alwin & Bobbie for your advice and ideas as they were really appreciated.

A big thank you for all who replied it was great to have so much input into our problem.

Rheaven Resident

It was 'system' hair.  Basically, whatever else our avatars wear, we have to wear 4 things: a shape, a skin, system eyes and system 'hair'.  Here's where the confusion arises - system 'hair' is variously descibed as: hair!, bald cap, and eyebrows.  This is because the system hair determines the shape of our brows, although since most skins include painted on brows the system hair does not usually affect the colour or density, only the position, arc, and pointyness of the brows.  Many skins include a system hair labelled eyebrow shaper, but you can make your own very easily in world.  The system hair labelled eyebrows that comes with skins will usually have all the actual hair sliders set to zero, so no system hair will show.  Some hair makers also used to include a system hair labelled a bald cap to make sure no system hair broke through the prim/sculpt/mesh hair.  Nowadays they are more likely to use an alpha for this, as it makes part of the head invisible and would also hide any system hair, and more than one alpha can be worn at any given time.

You can only wear one system hair at a time, so as most players need to tweak their eyebrows for various skins they are rarely used for anything else these days.  It is vanishingly rare to see people wearing system hair that actually IS hair.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.