Charged 50% more for L$

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

Can an anyone shed some light on this for me please?

I regularly buy 2000 L$ at a time at a cost of around €7.49 give or take. That's what I've been paying each time since I joined just over two months ago.  It fluctuates a little, here and there, by a few cents, but no more than 50 cents. I have a debit card on file and that's what I use to get my currency.

However, today I bought another L$2000 but this time €11 plus change was debited from my bank account. I've tried to find out why this has happened but can't work it out.  I checked my bank account and every other amount taken was around the €7.49 mark.  Why the sudden change now? 

I'd be grateful if anyone can help because if this is what L$2000 is going to cost from now on, it will completely change how I spend my money and play the game.

Thanks

Cait

Let me just look into your account details here... one moment... ah yes.

There's information on your file that says "Contact LL billing support because residents have no sight of any of your financial information".

(We have no idea, maybe you double clicked a purchase, whatever, we can't see any details.  It's up to you, LL and your bank.

I also use a debit card and mine is taken out in pounds (sorry laptop is American and doesn't have the pound sign).On average for L3,500 is approx 8.00 give or take. I think the probable reason is that the Euro isn't very stable at the moment and is dipping quite sharply - but I don't think its ever been actually that stable since it was introduced which is why we have never put our dainty british tootsies into that shark infested water of the Euro.

Hi there,

Thanks for your response.  I can understand a little fluctuation but that is quite a large drop.  I paid almost 50% more than normal and I can't imagine it's because the value of the Euro dropped that much. 

The other thing is, when I went to purchase the L$ to estimated price came up at 7.49euros and since I only received 200L$ I know I didn't click twice.  I'm wondering if the bank has, for some reason, put a charge on , but since it's Saturday I can't ask them lol.

But I really appreciate you taking the time to look at this, thank you.  :-)

Most debit cards don't even work with Linden Lab. Some may if they act like credit cards, but maybe your bank charges a fee for overdrafts? Or something like that?

Check your Second Life Dashboard to see what Linden Lab has charged.

https://accounts.secondlife.com/account_history/?lang=en-US#?current_month=2015-11&page_size=25

Thanks Abigail.  That is just the kind of help I was looking for.  It didn't even occur to me to look at the dashboard.  LL took 7.91 euros so it looks like the bank took the rest.  Now I know what to do.

Thank you so much for that.  Just needed to know how to rule out one or the other and that did the trick.

:-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.