land

Mouse Marenwolf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi i like to ask why is land so dear i see you can buy land a full sim for $600usd but why is the Monthly Maintenance so dear its like $295usd a month i think thats a bit to much thats like $3540 a year we are in ssecond life not the real world its a non stop game this needs to be looked at and i see that the land prices have gone down thats good but i think the the monthly maintenance should be lower 

6 answers to this question

We would all like to see land fees go down.  However, there are some very good reasons why that might not be a good idea.  I won't go into them here, but you might look up Inara Pey's blog, "Living in a Modem World" and read her analysis.

Besides, LL is very unlikely to voluntarily reduce the main revenue stream for their flagship product any time soon!  Especially since there isn't any real competition driving them in that direction.

But, while you are waiting for The Miracle, here are some thoughts for you.

• Most people don't need a full sim.  You can have a very nice 4096 m2 parcel with a large home, spacious grounds, and plenty of prims for $25 per month, less than a couple of large pizzas.
  • Those who DO get full sims can either afford it, or they have a large in world store, a popular club, or they subdivide it and rent it out to tenants...in other words, they have some enterprise that makes enough money that they can pay the land fee out of their earnings.  SL is like life!  You don't get anything for free, but you can become successful with hard work (and a little luck.)
  • If you just MUST have a ton of land for little or no money, look into some of the OpenSim grids, such as OSGrid.  They don't have nearly the population or the variety of Second Life, but they DO offer cheap land.
  • Like 1

Maybe if I knew what it was that you don't understand, I could help. Perhaps you should start at the beginning >>> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Second-Life-Quickstart/ta-p/1087919 As for getting a house, there are many ways, but the first thing you need is land to put it on. If you're not a Premium member, that means either renting land somewhere or buying land in a private estate. Frankly, I don't recommend doing either until you have been around long enough to know what's possible in SL and what your options are. You don't really NEED a house in SL, after all. If you ARE a premium member, you can register for a Linden Home as a starter. That's part of your membership fee >>> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-Homes/ta-p/700103 .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.