Questions about account on hold

GondolaBar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I used to share an account with someone and somehow the password got changed (maybe by him), but I placed all my lindens in there so I submitted a support case which placed his account on hold. If the user goes to support and submit a ticket, will that cause my account to get suspended or terminated? 

No one here can really answer this question.  All any of us could do is make an educated guess, since it's really up to LL how they choose to deal with your infraction.

If nothing else, this will hopefully teach you a lesson about sharing accounts and why doing so is a violation of the ToS you signed when you joined.

...Dres

They put his account on hold to prevent him from taking the money until LL determines whose it is.  There are two ways for them to look at it if you just transferred the money to the alt rather than buy it on the alt's account. 

The transaction would show as a gift and so they may consider that you gave the alt a gift and you get none back.

They see you transferred it and they give whatever is left of it back to you and maybe the alt too if you can prove you were the original owner.  If he created the alt though and just shared the password with you you'll have a tough time with it I'm afraid.

You aren't supposed to give an account to anyone with LL's written permission.  So you may also face disciplinary action of some sort.

It's more of like he shared the account with me, but I had no idea who changed the password on the account, tho it's likely to be him. And initially I thought the account was compromised because he didn't tell me anything. Rn his account is on hold, so my question is will anything happen to my account if he submits a ticket to unlock it?

you can keep repeating your question, but it's said already.... we do not know.

We can give our opinion about we think should happen, but thats not what you ask.

Next to that, you can't be so naive to think a shared account with money involved is safe, you bring yourself in pretty dangerous financial situations.

You voluntarily transferred L$ to an account that was not registered in your name, and now you have asked for that account to be put on hold.

If LL takes any action it is likely to be punitive upon whatever account you used to request the account action, which has absolutely no justification, and which should be seen as abuse of the owner of that account.

***Call me whatever you like, it won't help your statusas a vexatious litigant

you should NOT share your account with anyone else. Not only is i think a violation of the tos (not sure) but it is also confusing as heck to anyone who are friends with you or them.  Each person should have their own account.  if you use the same computer its easy to select another account to log into.   NEVER share an account with someoen online you do NOT personally know.

It was more of a shared account between us, and I logged onto the account often, so I was surprised to see wrong password. As for the lindens, I actually told the user I'm just leaving it there, because I was setting up his account for him. Therefore I thought it was compromised. But if LL takes action on my account, then I shall have to explain it to them, but they can also see that I've used the account before.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.