How to accept tips?

GoogleBoogie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So basically I have this club that I spend a bunch of time at. And I see people dancing around and accepting tips. But when people try to tip me when I dance, nothing can be given. I'd like to know how I can accept tip. If I'm doing anything wrong, or if I'm just just being an idiot.

3 answers to this question

Most club owners (and the dancers who regularly work there) get really ticked if someone else tries dancing and accepting tips.  If you want to dance for a club, get the club owner to hire you and give you permission to use her dance poles and tip jars.  Otherwise, you can be ejected or banned before you know what happened.  :smileysurprised:

• Like 2

From Rolig's answer you should infer there is an etiquette for how to dance in clubs. Look around for signs and read the welcome note card, if they give one. What the owner wants and will tolerate is usually described either in a note card given on entry or on a sign in the club.

There are freelance places where anyone can dance and get 100% of the tip. Most clubs do some type of split on tips. Others hire their dancers and pay them and take the majority of the tips. Find a club that works for you.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.