explain avater age please

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

welcome to SL :)

your sl ag is displayed in your profile inworld, or he webprofile.

You can not change that. It is the day you entered SL, the same as you enter RL... thats your birthdate. In SL we call it Rezdate.

There is enough space in your inworld/web profile to let others know what  you want to tell, don't give to many details if you like some privacy, SL is no datingagency :)

Your avatar has no age in the same way you as a human do. All the avatar has is the date marking the day when you created your account. And there is absolutly no reason why it should be changeable, as it doesn't mean a thing behond that simple information.

You may also need to change your rating preferences if you haven't already.  

You can do that by hitting Ctrl + P, then going to the General tab, then using the "I want to access content rated:" pull down.

If you find that when you arrive at certain venues that you are given an "age warning" and then sent to another location, then yes you may have to wait to visit that location when your account is over a certain number of days old (usually 30, but the warning should tell you.)

Alwin Alcott wrote:

i'd vote for a restriction for 30 days for all adults sims... not just as option. Often look like they see "adult" as free ticket to scare the hell out of others by running around naked with horrible old freebie prim avatar attachments ...

I do NOT wear horrible old freebie prim avatar attachments!!!

rockrollchick500 wrote:

so then why cant i get in to some of the 18+ things?

"Some" or all? And what message are you getting? This is important, as it determines if your restrictiongs result from an error or from settings that need to be adapted _or_ if you are running into restrictions other residents put up to keep their places free of newbies and griefers. Its not uncommon for some adult places to be target for disruptive behavior and so they simply disallow anyone below a certain account age to enter in hope it keeps most of the unwanted guests outside.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.