TP Issues

Mick Mercy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Whirly Fizzle wrote:

There are a number of people suffering from frequent  TP disconnects on the HTTP RC viewer (
).

If you are using that viewer you may find that's the problem. It should be fixed if you roll back to the default release viewer from

Relevant JIRA issues:

Interesting, but not the problem I'm having. I hope it's useful for the OP or anyone else suffering.

I'm using the Catznip viewer which hasn't been updated in some time, plus that issue seems to have come up some days before mine. I've not had this kind of problem in years, and I remember when TPing with too many attachments could crash you.

A router reset hasn't helped. I haven't noticed problems with websites or streaming media (in or out of SL). Even when a TP is successful, they are often much slower than normal. Intra-sim TPs seem OK. I haven't noticed a pattern of busy sims being worse than quiet at either end of the TP. It's not limited to one account, or as far as I can tell, one viewer. I've just tried with Singularity and crashed on my 4th TP attempt.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

• 2 weeks later...

WilliamHolms wrote:

SL often has the worst TP issues that are never fixed.  i dont know how many people i lost to "oblvion land" by having them TP to me. crash and never get back on lol. so frustrating as hell.

I used to deliberately give people I didn't like tp co-ordinates that landed them in "oblivion land".

Every cloud has a silver lining.

***Call me Auntie Sochull

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.