Unusual clubs?

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are there any unusual clubs around, like on a moving boat or under water on some platfrom hanging at the edge of a cliff etc.

Why is there no club that you can sail up to in blake sea? you cant fly or drive to any club in SL, at least in blake sea you can boat or seaplane or chopper your way there, so why not?

SMASH in Whisky is right on a Linden road, so you can drive up to it. It has a helicopter landing pad, but I don't know if they let patrons land there. It's not super-unusual otherwise, although it's a great build and setting, being built into the snowy landscape with steps up to the outdoor dancefloor.

The club where I DJ is in a re-purposed industrial platform on a desert planet. I've seen others on space-stations, oil rigs and desecrated churches. Unusual is quite usual in SL. 

bebejee wrote:

Are there any unusual clubs around, like on a moving boat or under water on some platfrom hanging at the edge of a cliff etc.

Why is there no club that you can sail up to in blake sea? you cant fly or drive to any club in SL, at least in blake sea you can boat or seaplane or chopper your way there, so why not?

Real estate on the shore of the Blake Sea is hugely expensive. To obtain a large area, which you would need for a club, PLUS have enough prims for you and everyone else who wants to, to arrive in / park you yacht, car etc. you are talking about a LOT of RL money to say nothing of the fact that rarely does land that size come on the market.

Clubs make no money everyone expects to get in free and most don't tip the house.  Tips to the house cover just a very small percentage of the cost of the land, let alone running the club.  You can do the math.

CheriColette wrote:

You can sail to Mango Yacht Club in Fruit Islands, from the Blake Sea. They have art gallery and dance places (but not clubs) which have guest DJs and other fun activities. Though you may have to be a member to moor there, Im not sure. 

The Fruit Islands are not on the Blake Sea.  They have a few sims open to the public but most of the sailing water is only for their residents use. 

I've lived in the Fruit Islands and they do have a lot of sailing water.  Buy a lot and you are right, you can sail from home to their club. 

For Blake I was thinking just a bare small Island like their welcome centre there, which has a few huts and things, the boats vanish when you get off and it has a small area to rezz them.

Speaking of Blake why isnt all of it sailable? atleast around the continents, I tried to sail around the one thats kind of like south America but there were parts which had no access either by there being no watersim or the region being blocked by owners.

Also why isnt rezzing allowed every where in the water, why in just a corner or two? or even none.

bebejee wrote:

For Blake I was thinking just a bare small Island like their welcome centre there, which has a few huts and things, the boats vanish when you get off and it has a small area to rezz them.

Even small areas are expensive to own.  "Mainland" Islands in the Blake Sea are mostly owned by LL and the ones that are available for residents to 'own' in particular are the most expensive land in SL.

Speaking of Blake why isnt all of it sailable? atleast around the continents, I tried to sail around the one thats kind of like south America but there were parts which had no access either by there being no watersim or the region being blocked by owners.

The Blake Sea only refers to a section of the grid, not all water.  The map below shows you where it is.  Not all water in SL is intended by LL to be public or sailable.

Also why isnt rezzing allowed every where in the water, why in just a corner or two? or even none.

Because people would rez boats and live on them to avoid rent or tiers or just leave them when they are done sailing.  It wouldn't take long for the area to be cluttered up and impossible to sail unless someone cleaned it up daily and LL doesn't want to do that.  That's why there is only limited rez areas and your boat is returned to you in a short time if you don't get on it and sail away in it.  I rent a lot on the shore of the Blake Sea.  I can rez a boat on my lot and leave it out. That's what you need to do if you want to do that.

Map of the Blake Sea from the SL Wiki:

Thanks for explaining, and by welcome centre I was referring tothe LL welcome hub or whatever its called, regarding SL it would have been great though if all of it was sailable,hope they consider it.

Are their any private houses that hold regular, almost club like parties? I have never seen more than two or three people in houseson maps,usually its just one.

The LCC and Topless Sailors have regular cruises each week with a party after, but with at different locations. The Brook Estate are having regular cruises and I think parties now. The Seychelles Isles and other yacht clubs have occasional parties. I suggest joining some sailing groups in particular the SLSA and or SLSC most events will be posted in them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.