FIXED

Amiryu Hosoi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What is being suggested is that LL will take "shut down" actions on a DCMA that has no justification / validation?  i.e. what is being suggested is that anyone - even with malicious intent - can go through the process of filing a legal DCMA and that this legal filing can go far enough with no validation to have LL execute on the actions of the filed DCMA?  So, LL does not receive the DCMA and validate the credibility of the filing before taking action?

I find that surprising and scry if this is true.

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

What is being suggested is that LL will take "shut down" actions on a DCMA that has no justification / validation?  i.e. what is being suggested is that anyone - even with malicious intent - can go through the process of filing a legal DCMA and that this legal filing can go far enough with no validation to have LL execute on the actions of the filed DCMA?  So, LL does not receive the DCMA and validate the credibility of the filing before taking action?

I find that surprising and scry if this is true.

Worse, you often have to counter DCMA and go through all the legal nonsense of that original false DCMA, which if I'm not mistaken, provides your RL name and address to the person that filed to begin with.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.