Where can I test voice in sl?

Ardvinna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all,

where can I test voice for myself without bothering other people?

I'm invited to the first meeting of a German teaching class (look here: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Education/Learning-German/m-p/2960420#M2255).

I'm a German native speaker, so probably someone would like to practise conversation with me there.

Since they use voice (which makes perfectly sense for teaching and learning a language. :)), I would like to be able to use voice in a proper way at the first meeting, too.  (It has been over a year I used voice, and only once or twice, so actually I have no clue about it.)

Thanks in advance for your help and/or suggestions. :)

Just go to any newcomers’ area with voice enabled, such as London City, and fly to a couple hundred meters high; there’s a chance that a few of us who have voice set to equally hear regardless of distance will still hear you, but a normal voice test shouldn’t take long anyway, so there’s little chance you’ll bother anyone.

don't be to shy, you can test it everywhere where voice is enabled... it might bring some great new contacts if others hear you ;)  ...testing 123 ......anybody hear me?....:matte-motes-bashful-cute:

You can also see if it's working by the little green thingie above your head, even without talking and just ticking on your mic.

Ardvinna wrote:

Thank you all for your suggestions.
:)

@
Alwin Allcot: me, shy? noooooo
:)
 -just a little bit at the beginning, but voice here is very unusual for me.

Hey Ardvinna, if you still feel you need voice practice, send me an IM.  I'd be happy to meet and chat in voice with you. 

(I speak English, not German, if that's any help) 

Cheers,

~ CN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.