Talk with us inworld instead of holding our accounts for, god knows, how long!

yoodan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am an active avatar in SL and I love my world and work there. Holding my account with no two-way friendly conversation would make me and many others frustrated. Is this what LL wish for?

I can suggest, for some cases, LL brings support service avatars to settle a date with residents for a conversation to discuss the issue online inworld, a face-to-face meeting there. The LL avatar writes down the ticket and, perhaps, the issue can be solved as quick as (s)he talks.

When you tell me that SL is the best vitrual digitized society net wide, it should be using methods and procedures equals to its reputation and creativity, don't you agree with me?

You made real Second Life for us to experience which means you hold the same responsibilty and credibility we need for a good living as in our real Real Life which I am expecting.

Do you think, my friends, this message will reach its further echo for actual quick respond?

I get the impression that LL staff would prefer to use other social network media to communicate with its customers. LL staff do not regard SL as a social media network, so it seems. So perhaps they could communicate with you through Facebook or maybe twitter - LL staff love those things you know.

A long time ago support and forum moderation were run by lindens and assisted with volunteers.  During those days they would do exactly that.  My roommates account one time missed a payment. they sent her an email warning that she never received, and Joppa Linden happened to notice that her account was about to be put on hold, sent her a kind im, and she had the situation resolved.  That kind of service is what helped LL grow back in those days. 

Back in the day, the Lindens used to have town hall meetings, but those turned into a free-for-all abuse opportunity for the immature.  Then there were office hours held by Lindens for their particular area of responsibility/interest.

Recently, User Groups have been introduced http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Office_Hours

To see things from a Linden perspective, I remember once getting into an IM chat at a live concert with a Linden (sadly now departed the Lab) who was pleased to chat with a resident, rather than be frantically bombarded by IMs from many surrounding residents being very rude.  I was told some Lindens were very hesitant to login for that very reason.

Some might say, well it's their job and residents have every right to take an opportunity to voice their concerns.  Perhaps partly true, but can you imagine if, every time you tried to get from your office to your car, you had to force your way through many of your company's disgruntled and rude customers in the car park, many of whom derived amusement from harassing you?

I once had a job irl, for an employer so large, many of my neighbours and fellow townsfolk also worked for them.  My post involved advising employees and, believe me, there is no fun shopping on a Saturday, with a child in tow, and being confronted by an angry employee who simply wants to vent their anger about their view of how badly they've been treated by their employer.

Did I sometimes stay at home rather than go out, even to a bar or restaurant? Yes!

When I owned a sim, there was such a thing as Concierge Service which was, really, the best customer service a resident could get.  It was wonderful.  The few times I had issues, I could call the LL (toll free) phone number and have a Linden hovering overhead within minutes.  While I no longer own a sim, I am sad that level of service is not as it once was.

In the olden days you could also use Live Chat support and they actually knew a few things and if things were really bad they would send a Linden to fix stuff on the spot.

We still pay for being premium members but no longer get premium support.

I once waited for over half a year for a ticket to be even opened....

SL needs a "Flying Squad", a team of people who can quickly check out stuff and sort it on the spot.

Maybe surrogate Lindens who have manager powers in SL, but not full LL powers.

For instance, once we had a giant cube rezzed in our sim with a big swastika on it.

LL generally get very annoyed about that sort of thing but I guess they were busy as we had to wait several days for it to be removed.

All in all this caused us and LL a lot of time and effort.

We send AR's, had several live support chats, etc, etc.

But it all could have been solved in seconds.

"Hello live chat support, we have a big nazi cube in our sim."

"I'll send in the flying squad."

"Hello flying squad officer, look there is the cube!"

"Oh dear! I've removed it and we will ban the griefer"

"Thanks bye!"

This is about 2% of the total amount of communication we actually needed to get it sorted.

So many of the complaints and problems in SL are basic and can be easily sorted out without long chats, communication, AR's, etc, etc.

If just someone could come and take a look.

They need more people to work on this, maybe they should look into finding volunteers if they can't/won't afford it.

I'd gladly volunteer a few hours now and then on "griefer patrol" or just helping new people out with any problems they may have.

Now I know how things work in here, and thanks to all of you, but, I deeply wish to have this annoying issue worked out if you guys can tell me something I don't know. 

I am out of oxygen out here, I need to come back to my other real life in there, if you know what I mean :(

For now, I keep on doing the same things, sending emails and calling their toll free number. Any other ideas?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.