In-game internet browsers can't find/use my flash player?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there.

There's little to add on what the topic already says, I've got the latest Adobe Flash Player, got the latest drivers for my graphic card, got the SL update yesterday, but still when I try to browse embedded clips on the TV in our SL house, it says I need a later version of the flash player (Says it wants 10.1, I'm at 10.2 or something now.).

It works for my girlfriend, I've tried running SL as administrator to make sure it can access whatever it needs, now I'm just out of ideas. Does anyone else have this problem, or perhaps a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

there are two ways to update your flash player, some internet browsers update it internally while others you have to download a file to update. for example, Internet Explorer does it internally while Firefox requires the download. try to update flash those two ways.

another thing that could be happening is that you dont have activated flash inside the viewer. to do this, go to preferences ( ctrl+p ) the go to "Setup" tab, and you will find under the "Web" section what technologies you would like to have activated in the viewers browser, under "Use built-in browser", check "Enable plugins" because flash is a plugin, i also recommend activating javascript, because it enables some essential functions like Search. Cookies are useful to keep you log in to certain pages or that some pages keep your preferences.

Be careful taking that advice. While it allows the in-world browser to work properly, the Lindens also didn't do ANYTHING for security. As soon as you turn all of that on, you're opening the flood gates for exploits, both in-world and not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.