People have told me I have orbs around my avatar

NaughtyMs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

People have told me I have about four orbs around my avatar that they only see when I tp into an area and then it goes away.  How can I tell what this is and is there something I can use to scan myself to determine what it is and where it comes from.  Please help me. 

Natalia (naughtyms resident)

3 answers to this question

Hi Natalia,

Do you wear a face light? Those are often constructed of invisible spheres that contain light sources. Since object geometry loads before the textures and their transparancy settings, they'll appear as grey balls until the texture shows up. Then they'll vanish. You may not see them yourself if they're outside your field of view or blocked by your avatar.

They might also be attachments that haven't fully rezzed, but that's less likely, as those would be very close to or intersecting your avatar. Take off all attachments, then TP to a place a friend can watch you arrive and give you a report. TP away and add back one attachment and TP back again. Do this until your friend sees the orbs. Then you'll know exactly what attachment is the culprit. In any case, this probably isn't anything to worry about.

Good luck!

• Like 5

if you wear a facelight/avatar light, be a bit nicer to your surroundings and avatars near you, take it off and improve your own view with the windlight settings.

Facelights are disturbing the experience of others. And distroying the hard work of many landscapers, who put a lot of efford in making their land look great. Till one of those lighthouses steps in.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.