I am logging in, just to be booted off within minutes

Hellfire Karas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have done almost everything I could think of, plus other peoples suggestions. nothing seems to work for me...I have a friend that has been able to keep me on where he lives but I can't do anything like that where I live. I've tried to find other servers to run on, but nothing powerful enough to get back. what do I  need to do to get this fixed?

2 answers to this question

Open your Statistics Bar (CTRL + Shift + 1) and look at the numbers for Ping Sim and Packet Loss. 

Ping Sim is a measure of how long it takes for signals to travel either way between your viewer and the SL servers.  SL is very finicky about having low Ping Sim values, becaue it's important to keep the servers and your viewer in sync all the time.  If the value gets higher than 150 ms, you'll start to see lag (rubber banding,sluggish movement ...).  The higher it is, the worse the problem will be, until the system is so far out of sync that it disconnects.  This is a common problem for SL residents who live far from Linden Lab servers in North America, or who rely on satellite Internet.

Packet Loss is a measure of how much data is lost during transmission. Ideally, it should be as near to zero as possible. A fraction of a percent is tolerable, but higher loss can mean that your viewer won't have all the imformation it needs to function.

Watch those values over a period of time.  They may be steady and acceptable for a while but spike at times.  It's at those times that you are most likely to fail.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.