VMM and 3rd party viewers

Debbie Infinity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The SL Viewer that supports VMM is pretty empty. Meaning most of the regular options or.. should I say the wide array of options are not there. It's pretty standard. I would say try the new viewer for VMM, you may be able to use it just to transfer folders over once your ready to host them in the MP.

I may have to use a third party viewer if it works with the sl marketplace. I keep trying to install the vmm viewer 3.8.2 that I read on the marketplace is only one that will  now work to manage merchant  listings with and can't seem  to install it on my computer .  I keep getting error messages. I have tried about 5 times now. I emailed  sl marketplace for help and I  need to wait for their response.

I was somehow able to download and install the LL VMM viewer and have even used it successfully for several listings although I still have errors and it seems like the VMM 'likes' some inventory and 'dislikes' other inventory items, which doesn't make sense. the viewer itself is so bare bones though; there are almost zero options for wind/light/environment (get ready to be stuck in "Midday" if you want any kind of decent visibility. And, 100% of the time regardless of how my graphics are set, none of my mesh bodies or mesh body parts look correct (all dark and blotchy and yes I have both bump mapping & hardware skinning enabled) so it's impossible to take decent in-world pictures. 
I'm a designer/ merchant. If I can't take any decent product images, I cannot sell anything. 

Come on, Singularity! Hurry up, Firestorm! We're drowning over here. 

VictoriaJuliette wrote:

Come on, Singularity! Hurry up, Firestorm! We're drowning over here. 

Oh please, don't forget to throw some mud in the direction of LL for their poor planning, rushed end to this migration due to internal issues that they revealed, which required the use of an unreleased viewer and failure to make available to the TPV devs the required source code.

After all, there's no need to go through the proper code validation cycle "just for merchants", they can use what's kinda probably working as after all, they're "just merchants".

I vote Oz for the new PR guy, at least he's honest!

I received a reply from support and they helped me . I wanted to post what happened in case others are having the same trouble. I also took some advice  from a post on another thread to change my preferences to not install updates automatically. Support sent me a different link then the one I was using from the sl marketplace and  when I clicked on it I found a different viewer then the one I was trying to download before  and this time it worked. Before it kept telling me I needed another download and a restart and it would cancel the installation. And when I restarted it was still gone.This time the installation went smoothly.

Here is the link support provided and I chose the download version called vmm viewer.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.