Trying to modify this avatar

CMOQ

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My avatar used to have a "Fantasy Male" body. Somehow I changed it to a "Boy Next Door" body. Now I can't figure out how to change it to something else. Do all the Male Fantasy bodies have pointed ears? There are no other body options that I can find. And how do I change the hair? I've gone from "My Appearance" to "Edit Outfit" to "Body Parts" to "Hair." Under the heading of "Hair," all I get are "Eyebrowshapers." I don't know what that means. Nothing happens when you click on any of them. Where is the hair? And why are "Wear Item," "Save," and "Undo Changes" all greyed out so I can't click on them?

5 answers to this question

The avatars you listed are all part of the "library", a section of the inventory that all residents have. It functions as a sort of getting started kit :)

You can find both those avatars and more in Library > Clothing > (name of the avatar) in your inventory.

As for the hair, you can't edit it through Edit Appearance because instead of the built in hair, that avatar uses an object placed on the head. The reason this is done is because it looks better then the built in hair.

You can right click on the hair on your head and pick detach to take it off and then wear from the inventory whatever hair you want to replace it with.

It seems strange to newcomers, but Appearance mode is actually seldom used to change your appearance. It's mainly useful for altering your shape. To put your Fantasy Male back on, go to Inventory/Library/Initial Outfits/Fantasy Male. Right click the folder and choose Replace Outfit. An eyebrow shaper is also known as a "bald head" or "baldie". It's nothing more than standard avatar hair, set to 0 to make you bald. This is so no standard hair pokes through your "prim hair",an object you wear on your head. Eyebrow shape is also controlled by the standard hair item, thus the name. To wear individual clothing items, right click them in your inventory and choose Wear, or drag them onto your avatar.

• Like 1

I am using a mac. This mouse has no right-click. Normally you hold down the Option key while clicking on something to get the "right-clcik" drop-down menus to appear. That doesn't work in SL. Where are the instructions for mac users? When I was trying to change my avatar, I kept trying the option-click and nothing happens. If I use the command key, it only worked about 20% of the time. Is that because you have to hold down the command key, then click, then drag, then release the mouse, THEN let go of the command key? I've been trying to drag folders onto the avatar a hundred times, and like I say, it worked about 20 times. What is the real method I'm supposed to be using?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.