Buying Lindens from Europe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I read the FAQ but I'm still confused. I'm from Bulgaria trying to buy lindens with visa electron, it accepts my card but when I click Buy Now it says There was a problem accepting your payment or sth like that... Tried with paypal no success either, what do I do?

might be this ...

Scheduled Billing Maintenance

[Posted 2:30 PM PDT, 15 July 2015] We will be performing scheduled maintenance on our billing system on Thursday, July 16, 2015 beginning at approximately 10:00 AM PDT. While this maintenance is in progress, our billing services, including LindeX and Marketplace, may not be available. Credit card processing may be affected during this time as well. Please continue to check this blog for updates.

keep in mind some debit cards aren't accepted for SL

Accepted currencies and payment methods

You may use the following payment methods with Second Life:

• Visa
  • American Express
  • MasterCard
  • Delta Online (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • JCB
  • Diners Club
  • Discover (U.S. Residents only)
  • Visa Electron (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • PayPal
  • Skrill

The currencies accepted for payment include:

• CAD, AUD, JPY, EUR, GBP for non-U.S. Residents, and
    • USD for U.S. Residents

• 2 weeks later...

It's so sad we can't buy lindens anymore. I even lost €10,00 because the paypal was accepted but never got the lindens. Why isn't there a place in SL anymore where we can buy lindens without having a credit card?

• 2 weeks later...

This sucks made a entire paypal acount connected to bank acount and indeed it isnt working This is so frustration Lindenlabs is destroying theire own economics I cant even buy lindens anymore whitout a creditcard So they force people into getting a creditcard? I am busy allready a few days trying to  figure out how to get some lindens In the old way i had my lindens in a minute

Is your bank account verified with PayPal?   There's a process whereby they pay two small sums into your bank account and ask you to tell them how much they gave you.

If you have verified your a/c, try uploading the money you want to change and then converting it to USD in PayPal, so there's an existing USD balance.

It's a long time since I've needed to buy L$ but when I used to have to I always used my PayPal, which isn't connected to any of my credit cards.   I gave them the number, instead, of the debit card my (British) bank issued, and my bank account as the back-up account.    I didn't have any problems buying L$ this way.

With Visa Electron cards I beleive that you have to have your card set up to allow international transactions. If you haven't done this then that may be why your transactions are not working when trying to buy L$. I suggest you contact the card issuer and ask them if it is possible to arrange for international transactions.

Otherwise, LL have a billing service which you can contact -

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• 2 weeks later...

Try going to bank which issued your card, they should be able to see if request for money gets to your card (problem is in your's bank side and there should be any errors which should explain what's wrong) or if request for money does not get to you, then problem may be on LL side.

Long time ago I too used Visa Electron (issued by Swedbank in Latvia, one of EU countries). To be able to use that card for online shopping (or to buy Lindens) I had to put check box near that card in banks internet bank system, saying that that it is Ok for this card to be used for online transactions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.