Phoenix radar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

it IS possible on V2, just not implemented...

however, that double click to look at someone in Phoenix, is also built on top of the LSL bridge... meaning that it uses script to do it's magic... mostly because the servers do not correctly report height to the viewer minimap above a certain level (1024m), but a script can request the exact position of an avatar.

why doesn't LL put that in there?

probably because:

A) there is a perception of snooping

B) it requires the addition of a scripted object for full functionality

C) they don't think it's valuable enough to include

other features that have been in high demand from users and included in TPV's have been added to V2, such as radar (used to be there was none at all), multiple attachments (although it's arguable that the V2 code is still limited compared to the old xml hack), doubleclick to teleport, shadows, and even external script editor ability.... all adopted from various TPV's.

TPV's have an advantage in featuresets though, because they can implemet features that LL might feel are too complex, or are not in line with what they want to present, and the TPV's can cater to specific requests that LL might not feel there is a large enough demand for.

• Like 3

more than welcome... I figured I'd cover the technical and political reasons for and against since no one had...

I try to be fair, even though I personally despise v2 for many specific reasons, but I won't that block out what good features are there... everything has it's limitations and perks ;)

and while i like the Phoenix radar, it's too big IMO and I like the thinner one in Cool... I need to go in and tweak the layout file for that on my machine....

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.