"Region full-please try again later"

Kyrie Deka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

[03/12/11]  I repeatedly received the system response while TPing to my own property "Region full-please try again later"

Adult mainland region, on a Saturday--really?  Is this a common occurrence for others? 

Isn't this something that is foreseen and offset/compensated for before maxes are hit (on both the server side, and when apportioning off land available for sale)? 

5 answers to this question

Sims have a hard limit on the number of people they can support at any one time. For full regions I believe that number is around 100 and for Homestead regions the number is around 20.

There is no way to "offset" this.The only way to prevent it is through sim owner intervention, such as a sim covenant forbidding clubs and such. Some private sims do this to keep their land "residential". This is one of the problems with mainland, there's no covenants, no zoning. You could find a spot you're happy with for years, then one day a fly-by-night club moves in, sets up laggy zyngo machines and gets a hundred people piling into their club (or uses bots to try and make it look like they're the popular spot in town) and suddenly your land is useless.

If you're renting land from a resident, let them know this is a problem and see if you can arrange to move elsewhere. They may own land in other sims and be happy to let you relocate. If you own the land directly (as in pay tier directly to LL) then you're a bit stuck. You'll have to see how often this happens and decide whether or not you want to stay in the same sim.

I personally prefere private estates for this, and other reasons. Although, even there you need to research who you rent from, some landlords will bend over backwards to make you happy, some will take your money as long as you give it to them and ignore any complaints.

Good point about homesteads ...I forgot some people live on them hehe :)

Private Estates can set whatever limit they want (up to 100) the default is set at 40 the same as mainland, as that is the point at which lag will start to be unbearable. Even with the ability to set a limit of 100, most sim owners don`t because its just not practical.

It sounds like you were unlucky in your choice of land purchase.  I'm thinking what would I do if I were in your situation. If the sim is attached to another sim, are you able to look in from the adjacent sim and see who it is who is hogging all the sim resources? If it is an Adult club, then all you really can do is sell or abandon your land and purchase elsewhere. But do check if it is bots, because occasionally, even now, people are filling up sims with "traffic" bots, and these can be ARd and removed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.