Sign in to follow this  
Xia Xevious

My avatar is transparent. Please help.

Question

Take a look at this JIRA >>> 

(Nvidia) Certain actions such as changing outfits makes entire body, arms, hands of avatar disappear, makes face rezzing screwy .

Is that something like what you are experiencing? If so, I'd suggest taking a pic and adding it, along with other documenting information, to that JIRA.  You probably ought to file a support ticket too, if you haven't already.

5 answers to this question

Take a look at this JIRA >>> 

(Nvidia) Certain actions such as changing outfits makes entire body, arms, hands of avatar disappear, makes face rezzing screwy .

Is that something like what you are experiencing? If so, I'd suggest taking a pic and adding it, along with other documenting information, to that JIRA.  You probably ought to file a support ticket too, if you haven't already.

Here is what I do to get my avatar to rez when I'm "ruthed" or stuck as a cloud., it may help.

Press ctrl+alt+q to make the Develop menu appear at the top of your screen. Open that  up and scroll down to Avatar. From Avatar you should see "Character Tests".

Click "Test Male" or "Test Female".

If it works your avatar will appear as one of the default starter avatars. You'll need to either use outfits or manually change your avatar back, but it may resolve the "invisiblity" problem.

If that does not work I'd file a trouble ticket with LL. Be sure to include information about your computer including the video card. As others have stated there is apparently an issue with a recent nVidia update.  If it is a driver issue then it may take some time for LL to resolve the problem. Things like that have happened before, it does get fixed it can just take a while.

Finally! Everything is working out because my updated video driver didn't like SL so I installed my old version video driver and it works! I see my avatar is 100% visible and solid! Thank you all for the replies the same!