My avatar is transparent. Please help.

Xia Xevious

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My avatar is still transparent since 2 or 3 days ago due I installed viewer and then updated my video card but doesn't work then I uninstalled viewer and went back to my old viewer but all screwed up.. my avatar turned transparent, so I rolled my video card.. and tried to login, nothing work.. so I re-updated my video card.   I cleared cache, I edited my appearence to see.. and cancel it.  Wore default avatar without anything like no clothes, no hair.  I waited for my inventory to be loaded, even I press ALT CTRL R few times..  Clear caches, reset.. What else did I do wrong?  Please help me.

Many thanks.

5 answers to this question

Take a look at this JIRA >>> 

(Nvidia) Certain actions such as changing outfits makes entire body, arms, hands of avatar disappear, makes face rezzing screwy .

Is that something like what you are experiencing? If so, I'd suggest taking a pic and adding it, along with other documenting information, to that JIRA.  You probably ought to file a support ticket too, if you haven't already.

Here is what I do to get my avatar to rez when I'm "ruthed" or stuck as a cloud., it may help.

Press ctrl+alt+q to make the Develop menu appear at the top of your screen. Open that  up and scroll down to Avatar. From Avatar you should see "Character Tests".

Click "Test Male" or "Test Female".

If it works your avatar will appear as one of the default starter avatars. You'll need to either use outfits or manually change your avatar back, but it may resolve the "invisiblity" problem.

If that does not work I'd file a trouble ticket with LL. Be sure to include information about your computer including the video card. As others have stated there is apparently an issue with a recent nVidia update.  If it is a driver issue then it may take some time for LL to resolve the problem. Things like that have happened before, it does get fixed it can just take a while.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.