changing skin

velvetgurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi there

can someone help me please, i need to know how to change the skintone on my avatar,

i have slink feet and hands, but the appliers do not work very well in getting the right tone,

my worry is that if i purchase a new skin and apply it, the shape of my avatar will change

and i will lose the shape of my face, but i do need to darken my body tone, so that ican get the right shade,

in the slink hub menu, as the color of pantyhose etc, black always looks light brown so i figured that dark,

skintone will give me the correct color, on my slink feet,

thanks to anyone who can help please,

xxx velvet

It is your shape that changes the shape of your face and body, not the skin. Most recent skins will have appliers for your hands and feet. for some reason textures display slightly differently on your avatar to the way they do on attachments like feet and hands under different windlight settings. The appliers for your skin should however be as close as you can get a match without going for a full mesh avatar.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if you understand how appliers work. 

Skin CAN affect the shape of the face. Skin and shape work together, so although the basic shape of the face will remain the same, the shading of the skin can APPEAR to alter certain features of the face. It's not usually drastic. 

However, darkening your skin won't help your stockings match. 

To wear slink stockings properly, you need a few things. FIRST, you need a skin, and slink appliers for that skin. Again, you need appliers for the SKIN, to match your slink feet - without stockings - to your avatar legs - without stockings. THEN you need stockings, and slink appliers for those stockings. If you use the skin applier (you should only need to use it once, unless you change skins), then, once your feet match your legs, use your stocking applier, your stocking-ed feet should match your stocking-ed legs. If they don't, something has gone wrong, and you can contact the stocking creator or their support group for help. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.