A "Redelivery" Button?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I couldn't find a suitable subforum for this to be placed, so apologies in advance. This idea came to me when I was at a furry-modding store and this booth had a redelivery terminal. It brought me to CasperVend, where it listed the items I had purchased with this specific vendor. (It's ::Static:: in case someone knows.)

But it also has listed a bunch of things that weren't related to the vendor I had purchased from. About half a dozen things I could have redelivered. It's kinda unfortunate, because I think what I'm getting at is, wouldn't this be nifty to have? The reasons I suggest this idea is:

- The land of the instore could not exist anymore.

- There is no redelivery terminal for that store.

- The store is strictly Marketplace and has no inworld store.

- The owner/creator could not be on SL anymore to contact about redelivery.

- It would override the "No copy" some items have. (This could have a hand where the merchants are given a little option as to how many redeliveries a buyer can have on specific items with No Copy.)

The only issues I see with this is that:

- The items could not exist anymore. Which would make this feature out of reach for them.

Now, don't get me wrong. I do have a habit of making doubles of boxed packages, made a dedicated "Packed Items" folder for things that don't have a copy or just incase I run into any of the issues above. However, it would be kinda nice if this feature was implemented. Thoughts are welcomed. I just figure this could be a very courteous option.

I couldn't find a suitable subforum for this to be placed, so apologies in advance. This idea came to me when I was at a furry-modding store and this booth had a redelivery terminal. It brought me to CasperVend, where it listed the items I had purchased with this specific vendor. (It's ::Static:: in case someone knows.)

But it also has listed a bunch of things that weren't related to the vendor I had purchased from. About half a dozen things I could have redelivered. It's kinda unfortunate, because I think what I'm getting at is, wouldn't this be nifty to have? The reasons I suggest this idea is:

- The land of the instore could not exist anymore.

- There is no redelivery terminal for that store.

- The store is strictly Marketplace and has no inworld store.

- The owner/creator could not be on SL anymore to contact about redelivery.

- It would override the "No copy" some items have. (This could have a hand where the merchants are given a little option as to how many redeliveries a buyer can have on specific items with No Copy.)

The only issues I see with this is that:

- The items could not exist anymore. Which would make this feature out of reach for them.

Now, don't get me wrong. I do have a habit of making doubles of boxed packages, made a dedicated "Packed Items" folder for things that don't have a copy or just incase I run into any of the issues above. However, it would be kinda nice if this feature was implemented. Thoughts are welcomed. I just figure this could be a very courteous option.

Just another goon who doesn't know why it's both structurally impossible and legally dubious for service operators such as CasperVend (or LL? I get the feeling the whole post is a metaphor) to clone all submissions to their networks in perpetuity for customer redelivery.

Can't do, won't do. 

Been offering this for years, including purchases from Marketplace. Casper added this to Caspervend too.

Many stores already have redelivery methods, the one organisation that struggles with the value of this is... Linden Lab.

They have received this request numerous times and it's trivial to do. They never do the trivial stuff, it's quite bizarre really.

Ah no, maybe missing the finer points of the OP's request: It should work regardless of whether the creator is still owns land, still logs in, was available as a Copy object, etc.

All existing redelivery methods require the creator choose to support redelivery/their products with at least one permanently-rezzed prim in-world. Supporting products indefinitely is optional, and creators take Intellectual Property with them when they leave. And that's how it's gonna stay.

Yes I understood that not all points were covered but LL did indicate at the recent meeting that redelivery is something they'reconscious of. It might not always be unavailable but should remain only for copy items by default but there is no reason that a merchant shouldn't be able to configure a redelivery of a no copy item. Again, it's not rocket science ti do this stuff, all rather trivial really.

Configure number of no copy deliveries in total or over a timeframe, basic database log and query.

I agree this would be great except for redelivery of transfer only items.  Unfortunately many people would take advantage of getting extra items for free IMO.  Most merchants have a no redelivery policy for transfer only items and make exceptions only on a case by case basis, if at all.

However if it were optional for the mechant and they could specify how many hours it is good for and limit the number of redeliveries, I'd have no objection. 

the redelivery button is what i like most about caspervend.

For the people I buy things from, it works great for product updates, I can get them from any capervend terminal, not just the one I happened to buy from.

I see it as a big convience for my customers too. At least for my copy, no trans items. Just because they *can* make a backup copy before they try to mod, does not mean they *do*.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.