The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Everyday now there is SPAM.   Following the SPAM there are threads started about the SPAM.  I have done that myself.  Upon reflection perhaps that isn't a good thing.

• There seems to be a pattern.  The threads about the SPAM get closed after the most recent SPAM is cleared.  This obviously takes time by the moderator which could be put to better use shutting down the SPAM.  Wouldn't it be better to have a permanently open thread re:SPAM that we could all post to
    if we had something new to say
    ?
  • The threads re:SPAM are very repetitive.  Same suggestions.  Same complaints.  Lets face it - they're very SPAMMY.
  • No one like to hear daily that they have failed again.  Chanting 'loser loser loser' at the Lindens contributes to their general malaise.  I'm sure they're all doing the best they can. 
  • If you post about the SPAM then the spammers win.  IDK why - I heard that somewhere.

Ok, now back to reading about the SPAM.

I agree...just gives us more to wade through until the mods take care of things :smileysurprised:

I have asked Amanda for some direction regarding how LL would like us to treat the spam waves, ie ignore them, create vacuous self-promoting threads to push them down the "charts" or some other approach. I don't hold up much hope for a constructive response but if I hear anything I will post it - although I have a feeling it is more likely that Lexie will pop up with something helpful.

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

I agree...just gives us more to wade through until the mods take care of things :smileysurprised:

Not only that, it gives the mods much more junk to clean up.

Yes, we get spam, sometimes lots of it in a short amount of time.. we know this. There's still no need for posting of threads to act suprised or crow about it in, because it adds to the problem yet has no benefit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.