I found my old Teen SL logins!! :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today was a great morning, I found both of my old teen SL accounts, and they got ported over to real SL! 

I came back about a year ago and started playing again, but I had to make a new account..

As soon as I logged in to my original account this morning, the wave of nostalgia was intense.. xP

LidoraJaka wrote:

Today was a great morning, I found both of my old teen SL accounts, and they got ported over to real SL! 

I came back about a year ago and started playing again, but I had to make a new account..

As soon as I logged in to my original account this morning, the wave of nostalgia was intense.. xP

Welcome back! Sort of, I mean. :-)

I was waaaaaaay past teendom when I started here, so I can't identify directly with what it must be like to again have access to your old accounts from there.

I've often thought, though, that nostalgia plays an important part in SL for anyone who's been here any length of time. I sometimes feel very nostalgic for my early days here. But SL changes so much, so quickly, that I can't even visit many of the places about which I feel nostalgic, because they no longer exist. Some of the people are still around, though.

Sometimes -- it's rare but it happens -- I'll be busy in RL, with SL the furtherest thing from my mind, and I'll suddenly experience something that will forcibly remind me of somewhere, or something, or somebody, that I knew or experienced in SL. And that feeling is usually a sort of nostalgic one too. What's really weird is it will sometimes take me a half second or more to recognize that the thing being evoked wasn't "real," but virtual.

A demonstration, I suppose. of the power of hyperreality, and its ability to fool us into confusing the one with the other.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.