totaly lost Orange Nova Human mesh - Nauha Version

minimom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

usually mesh product you just wear them directly from your inventory, it adapts automatically to your body.

in case it come packaged in a box, you need to unpack it, you can go to a place that allows you to put things on the floor, like a sandbox (you can find one using the search function of the viewer), you put it on the floor, right click on it, and select open, everything is going to be copied in your inventory, from there, you can go to your inventory ad its gonna be in a folder, if you dont know where the folder is, you can search "nova human mesh" in the search function of the inventory and you will see it.

when you see whats in the folder, wear the mesh body and you will see it on you.

• 2 years later...

Hi there - did you persevere with Nauha? I love her shape and animation but so far I have not had much luck with applier layers. I only use mesh clothing with her and I have found a lot of outfits that fit well. Mesh is fine.

But I have not had much luck with texture-based clothing for Nauha Because... when I wear the body I have to remove both the tattoo and clothing layers because otherwise they look semi-opaque white.

Maybe I'm not understanding the Nauha HUD! The skin layers just don't seem to look right. Can anyone help? Thx

• 4 weeks later...

@angeoco Me again! :)

I tried this but am still stuck. If wear the tattoo layer it is completely white. I then use an Omega applier to for example put some leggings to my legs.  They look great but it leaves the upper half of my body still white. 

Do you think this means I have to have something else on the top half of the same layer?

Why would layers not be transparent to start with? Seems weird.

Maybe I just have a bad AV model and need to change. Hmmmm... :S

Hmm. I'm away at the moment with a bad internet connection and won't be able to load Second Life until next Wednesday. It sounds like the applier is only applying to the lower body section. Many appliers can be applied twice, to the lower and upper body sections. In this case the upper body applier would be transparent. Unfortunately I won't be able to test it at my end until next week.

I like the layering system used by Nauha, assuming it works properly. It means you can make copies of your tattoo/clothing layers for every applier you have, rename them if possible, and simply wear them along with your mesh clothes. It cuts out a lot of the fiddling with HUDs that other mesh bodies make you do.

If I don't remember to get back to you next week, give this thread another poke!

• Thanks 1

I have fixed it! It looks like maybe the Nauha body was made for an older version of SL or for a different texturing system or something? And this was making the layers white by default. I dunno.

Wearing the Nauha Tattoo Layer I went into edit it and in the Texture tab you can change the base colour to Transparent. Maybe this is obvious to some but I've never edited an object before. :) 

I was then able to use some appliers I had bought and they look fine. Phew! All I wanted was a little heart tattoo on my neck and I've spent hours struggling with this! But I was VICTORIOUS.

Thanks @angeoco

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

I don't own this meshbody and I've not been able to find a lot of informations about it.

Just this : http://orangenonsense.tumblr.com/post/77671761561/project-nauha and there : http://slpoweredbyomega.com/supported-meshes/orange-nova-kit/

Nauha had been created 3 years ago and not updated.

Yes I know - I think the person who made it is no longer active, I've been unable to get in touch. 

Anyway I managed to solve the problem (see my last comment) so I am OK for now – but I might end up changing to a different body because like you say it is not being kept up to date, and also finding mesh clothes and shoes that fit is difficult!

It's just nice to be different :)

Looks like the Orange Nova tumblr was active as recently as one week ago, and they take asks.  It's worth a try if you haven't already.  Looking through their posts, it looks like they very recently released a major project (Dvalinn Deer) and have at least two more they're working on, as well as having a new job that has taken time away from SL projects.  Since Nauha's an older project they probably haven't thought about updating it and probably don't have an incentive to right now.  A sudden rise in interest might change that?  There are posts suggesting their plans are at least a little pliable based on sales/feedback.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/09/2017 at 0:45 AM, MegaRose said:

Looks like the Orange Nova tumblr was active as recently as one week ago, and they take asks.  It's worth a try if you haven't already.  Looking through their posts, it looks like they very recently released a major project (Dvalinn Deer) and have at least two more they're working on, as well as having a new job that has taken time away from SL projects.  Since Nauha's an older project they probably haven't thought about updating it and probably don't have an incentive to right now.  A sudden rise in interest might change that?  There are posts suggesting their plans are at least a little pliable based on sales/feedback.

Thanks, that's encouraging to hear :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.