After flying with avatar she gets stuck and I cannot use controls and menu tabs anymore.

Zia Branner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

For a long time now my avatar gets stuck every time I used 'flying' mode. I bought a new AO, but the same issue happens.

Sometimes my avatar stays jumping and at all times after using 'flying' I cannot use camera controls anymore and neither the menu tabs on top of the screen. Only thing that helps, is relog.

It is irritating that I actually cannot use flying cause after that it is 'game over' and I have to relog.

I uninstalled and reinstalled SL often enough, but this getting stuck issue happens over and over and with every AO.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you for your answer in advance.

Kind regards,

Zia Branner

3 answers to this question

After you have "cleaned up" your avatar by the method Amadeu suggests, see if the problem still exists.  If it's fixed, then it was something you were wearing.

Put on your regular appearance, adding attachments one at a time and testing your flying after adding each one.  If the problem reappears, the last thing you attached is the culprit.  Whatever that thing is, don't use it again!

I doubt that the AO has anything to do with it.  It seems more likely that the SL servers and your viewer are having a hard time keeping  up with each other.  If the servers cannot tell exactly where you are, you will experience lag and stalling, often to the point of crashing.  Avoid using wireless Internet connections if you have a choice. (See https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Wifi-and-satellite-connections/ta-p/1296823 )  Try rebooting your router and modem by unplugging them from the power for a few minutes, replugging them, and then restarting your computer. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.