Sign in to follow this  
Zia Branner

After flying with avatar she gets stuck and I cannot use controls and menu tabs anymore.

Question

Hi Zia Branner,

Try to restart your avatar 

Press the keyboard-shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Q for Develop menu.  Then go to Avatar -> Character Tests -> Test  Female (or Male).

You will be close a newbie when you do it, then check if the problem desapear.

However you also can contact support 

I Hope had help you

3 answers to this question

Hi Zia Branner,

Try to restart your avatar 

Press the keyboard-shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Q for Develop menu.  Then go to Avatar -> Character Tests -> Test  Female (or Male).

You will be close a newbie when you do it, then check if the problem desapear.

However you also can contact support 

I Hope had help you

After you have "cleaned up" your avatar by the method Amadeu suggests, see if the problem still exists.  If it's fixed, then it was something you were wearing.

Put on your regular appearance, adding attachments one at a time and testing your flying after adding each one.  If the problem reappears, the last thing you attached is the culprit.  Whatever that thing is, don't use it again!

I doubt that the AO has anything to do with it.  It seems more likely that the SL servers and your viewer are having a hard time keeping  up with each other.  If the servers cannot tell exactly where you are, you will experience lag and stalling, often to the point of crashing.  Avoid using wireless Internet connections if you have a choice. (See https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Wifi-and-satellite-connections/ta-p/1296823 )  Try rebooting your router and modem by unplugging them from the power for a few minutes, replugging them, and then restarting your computer.