The Classifieds Tab in profile

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I had used the classifieds in my profile for an advertisement inworld.  The message though gets cut off.  I had to do some creative editing so it would show what I wanted to say.  How do I get my entire message on there without it cutting off?  When I use the search window inworld, I do see some classifieds that are longer and you need to scroll down to see the rest of the message.  Also, if I used the auto renew, can it be canceled when I no longer need the ad?  I don't see an option to do so when I looked at it.  Some one had said the ad auto renews automatically, but from what I had seen, you have to check off the box next to the option to auto renew.  Otherwise, after a week or so many days, the ad is no longer in the classifieds.

Thank you for your time.

Amza Hydraconis

Hi.

Thank you for your answer.

I would have to disagree on the number of characters, since I see way more than that in some of the ads, especially if I have to scroll down to read the rest of the message and it can be quite long.  You can easily see it goes way past the 256 mentioned.

And I already understand the auto renew thing, except where to cancel it when needed.  I didn't see if there was a an option to that.  Do you just uncheck it to cancel it or what?

Thank you.

Amza Hydraconis wrote:

Hi.

Thank you for your answer.

I would have to disagree on the number of characters, since I see way more than that in some of the ads, especially if I have to scroll down to read the rest of the message and it can be quite long.  You can easily see it goes way past the 256 mentioned.

And I already understand the auto renew thing, except where to cancel it when needed.  I didn't see if there was a an option to that.  Do you just uncheck it to cancel it or what?

Thank you.

Interesting.  In the Knowledge Base it states, "Description: By default, the parcel's description. You can change the text in the field if you wish. The maximum length is 256 characters."

However, in the Wiki article on Limits, no limits are stated for classifieds, it leaves "x" undefined:

Each 7-bit ASCII character is encoded in one byte. International characters might need more bytes. When pasting text instead of typing, you can get in one byte more into each of the below.

• 2nd Life tab's About field - 510 bytes
  • Picks tab - 10 picks with 1022 bytes each
  • 1st Life tab's Info field - 253 bytes
  • Classified tab - 100 listings with x bytes each
  • My Notes - 1022 bytes

Whirly Fizzle wrote:

There
is
a way to set a longer description then 256 characters for a classified ad, however I can't work out how it's being done.

Anyway, there is a JIRA issue with more information about the classified ads with >256 character descriptions here:

Time to protest for this Bug to become a new Feature for 2015!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.