Is there a way to use your 2D artistic skills to make lindens?

Katelyn Auster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello guys, 

in real life, I am all into art and over the years I have developped my skills up to some fairly good level (one can never be satisfied but take a loot at my deviantart: http://grenia.deviantart.com/ ). I have created covers for magazines, illustrated books or made all sorts of posters for concerts or movie nights and so on... and I have also took a class in product design, However, in 3d I can't do a single thing (yet!) and I would love to make just a couple of lindens right now with what I have- do you think I stand a chance?

I can see that there are so many possibilities - there are event posters and icons and product pictures all over second life, and what I would also love to do is creating things from scratch - sketching maps, products, do some fashion design on paper... the question is: what are the real chances to find this sort of job in second life? I ask you, wise and experienced SL citizens, what do you think about it? What the reality is like?

As well as making textures you could sell copies of your pictures, which are very good, in SL.  

All you'd need to do is import an image of your artwork as a texture and apply it to a flat board, which is simple to make from a basic cube, using your 'build' menu on the SL viewer. 

Although your pictures are very good, as I said, there's a lot of very good art in Second Life so it's not guaranteed that you'll get many buyers.  But it's certainly worth a try, and you'll be making something for yourself and your friends to keep as well.

Parhelion Palou wrote:

Or make some money in SL for at least the next few years, then also use SL 2 if/when it's released.

Basically this.

If I could figure out some better photoshopping, I'd be all over making stuff - because the skills improved in doing that have very broad application and not just in SL.

But as for SL:

Not just textures, but also skins, and applier-based clothing. Flip the order on that list and you'll have the order in which I suspect they are profitable.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.