Comments on Knowledge Base Articles

Suella Ember

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hoping one of you lovely Lindens read this and can answer :)

Can you please clarify the purpose of the 'comments' section on Knowledge Base articles.

I was just looking at a particular article and noticed that some additional info was missing so I added it as a comment. See here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Avatar-attachments/ta-p/700031

Am I using the comments section correctly? Also - are people who have rights to edit Knowledge Base articles checking the comments for things like this? People may post additional info in the comments that perhaps should be included in the main article itself, so it might be useful for them to be checked? Or, if we think something should be added to an article, should we be contacting one of you directly / posting it as a suggestion here in the feedback forums / raising it at a User Group?

Thanks!

Adding additional information or clarifications in the comments of a KB article is a very good idea!  Those with the ability to draft articles and Linden KB editors can check comments for community input. 

Sidenote:  That's why the Advisor rank has this ability.  People who are very experienced with Second Life will be able to spot a KB that is out of date or needs a bit more info. 

Thanks Lexie - that explains it nicely :)

One more quick question actually (that may be a slightly touchy subject! lol) but should we assume that KB articles should be, as a general rule, based on the official Viewer 2 way of doing things? I note that a few articles still describe the 1.23 way of doing things which may need updating (although I appreciate its probably an ongoing task to update all of the information from the original Wiki and I know that Torley has been slowly but surely updating things like his videos and guides for V2)

Jiras and knowledge base articles must be the most difficult thing on the web to access and use. Let alone figure out how it's all supposed to go. You cannot expect to divulge yourself of such responsibilities by simply creating a wiki mess. I don't even look at them it's such a pain. 

Hi Suella,

Yes, in general, KB articles are supposed to relate to Viewer 2, unless they say otherwise.  As you note, however, there is still some information on older Viewers.  Now that we have migrated from the wiki to the new platform, we are going to make a concerted effort to update the content to make it more consistent.  It will us some time, though!

Thanks,

Rand Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.