Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

Hi Hippie.

Veteran's day was interesting when I was a kid. The two I knew fought on opposite sides of the same war (though in different theaters).

On another note, when I climbed off the ladder after fixing my rotting window frame late last night, it was 55F. I just got off the ladder after cleaning the glass and it's 33F. I got it done just in time. Tonight's low is expected to be 22F.

I think that's the last of my outdoor repairs for the year. Latex paint is hard to apply when it's frozen solid.

Happy Tuesday, Kids!!!

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Hi Hippie.

Veteran's day was interesting when I was a kid. The two I knew fought on opposite sides of the same war (though in different theaters).

On another note, when I climbed off the ladder after fixing my rotting window frame late last night, it was 55F. I just got off the ladder after cleaning the glass and it's 33F. I got it done just in time. Tonight's low is expected to be 22F.

I think that's the last of my outdoor repairs for the year. Latex paint is hard to apply when it's frozen solid.

Happy Tuesday, Kids!!!

HI ya Maddy!  Happy Veteran's day!  Brr Maddy!  It is a balmy 77 here now.  Will get down to the High 40's tonight!  Stay warm!

Peace!

valerie Inshan wrote:

Good morning Hippie and all! Today is a great day for science, Philae sent its first picture of the comet early this morning. Isn't it amazing? :smileysurprised: Have a wonderful Thursday!
:)

tchouri.jpg

It's pretty cool what we can do when we set our minds to something lofty, isn't it?

Happy Thursday, Kids!!!

It is so cool and fascinating indeed Val and Maddy! The crafts weight on earth is 200 lbs. Under the influence of the comets gravity, it weights as much as a piece of paper! When the craft landed, it did two bounces. One bounce took over one hour. The second bounce a few minutes! This stuff fascinates me to no end!

Peace!